What's new

Police Squad on 7th November ! (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey Nelson

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeffrey Nelson
Just picked this up. Wonderful, wonderful show. At last, I can retire my old VHS tapes. And, as has been mentioned, THE MUSIC HAS BEEN RESTORED! The Happy Birthday Song, and Leslie singing The Trolley Song and Over The Rainbow in the most unforgettable Judy Garland tribute ever.

One small complaint remains, however: one of the later audio alterations didn't get corrected. In the final episode, Leslie tells a joke about his dumb sister in which the words "doggie do" have been replaced with "hot tar". I was hoping that, along with the music changes, it would have been fixed on the new DVD, as the line is far superior in its original form.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
I beleive the joke change was intact was because it was changed in the original broadcast.

Anyway got the DVD today and I love it. The original music is intact, I don't know why they couldn't get clearance in 1989, it is just publisihing rights.

I am disappointed that in the "Play All" function, the episodes are not in production order, you can't watch all of the episodes in proper order without having to go to the menu.

I was surprised and glad that they still have the old Paramount Television logo.

The Paratmount Television logo from the late 70's through 1987 is one of my favorite tv logo credits of all time. And the music is catchy.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I like the old ones but also the modern one, which has been in use almost unchanged since the fall of 1987.

Steve_Z

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know if it is interchangeable. At the end of each episode, Frank and Ed would say the criminal they caught "will .... in the the statesville prision, along with..." than they say the names of the crokes from the previous episode.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks