What's new

Police Squad on 7th November ! (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Well....about time.

I'll certainly be purchasing this title and all its ACTS! :)

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Can't wait for this one! It's one of the all-time best, IMO, even though it was extremly short-lived. Triva Q: Anyone remember why ABC cancelled this one fast? (I know the answer :D )

dailW

Stunt Coordinator
this is going to be a costly fall. i love this show as a kid. why did it take so long.

JeffCNY

Agent
Got a kick out of reading the press release, which mentions the inclusion of "commentary on selected episodes."

Wonder which episodes, out of all >6

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
To paraphrase a classic line from the show....

"I would have bought this earlier, but the DVD wasn't out yet."

Finally, one of my all-time favorites. Between this and Brisco County, this is a banner year for short-lived TV shows on DVD for me. :)

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
If they would just announce "Key West", another, even-more-obscure, even more cancelled Fox show, I'd be happy as a clam.

MattHR

Screenwriter

...or the laserdisc art. I think it's OK -- they certainly could have done worse. However, I am surprised there is no mention of The Naked Gun on the cover. I would have expected to see "The series that launched the award-winning Naked Gun film franchise" -- or worse, "From the producers of Scary Movie 3 & 4" -- somewhere on the cover.

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
I just hope they restored the music. On the VHS tapes, I believe there are a few music selections (including the episode where Frank Drebin is crooning on stage) that were changed.

Nick Zbu

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Nick Zbu
Awesome! I'm so on top of this.

Too bad there's not an emoticon for me doing a still laugh while the rest of the scene moves on.

michaelHAR

Grip
How about poor ratings? Many people just didn't "get it". Until the movies(which were lame in comparison) took off a few years later, there was not a lot of interest in these.

It's a shame, too, because these are 6 truly classic moments in tv comedy.

I think it would have been difficult to keep up the writing for these shows for a full season.

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz

how about

:D

htf_images_smilies_chatter.gif

Rick P

Supporting Actor

Because people actually had to 'watch the program to get it'. Not that people didn't "get it" (got good ratings), not because people complained that they "didn't get it" (they did get it and didn't complain), but because some dim-witted "SUIT" was scared that people would have to actually PAY ATTENTION and did a pre-emptive strike on the show.

Morons.

JonathanS.

Auditioning
Real Name
Jonathan Sloman
Awful cover, but I'd buy the shows even if they were wrapped in a paper bag.

The extras sound terrific - I wonder whether the extremely-talkative Joe Dante will be supplying commentaries for his two episodes. And does anyone know whether the disc will include the "Guest Starring" intro with John Belushi, recorded but hurriedly replaced before broadcast after his premature death?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks