1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Poirot Movie Collection Set 6 To Be Released 7/12/2011

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by haroldS, May 12, 2011.

1. haroldS

haroldS Well-Known Member

The set is being released in both DVD and Blu-ray. There will be extras in the set. Does anyone know whether between the two sets the extras will be the same or whether there will be more on the blu-ray?

2. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Well-Known Member
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    All I can tell you is that we requested a review copy of the Blu-ray release. Acorn has been very cooperative in furnishing us with review materials for their Agatha Christie releases, so I'm hopeful we'll eventually have an answer for you.

3. haroldS

haroldS Well-Known Member

I am going to presume that the extras will be the same on both DVD and blu-ray. In that case, is it worth the extra $10. list price for the blu-ray version? What I am really asking, using the same equipment, is the picture going to be much better from the blu-ray over DVD?

4. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Well-Known Member
    Reviewer

Matt Hough

I have received the Poirot set and will begin on it at some point this weekend, but I can say from reviewing both the DVD and Blu-ray box sets of the Miss Marple Series 5 release that the Blu-rays were a marked improvement over the DVDs.