What's new

PLII Movie vs PLII Game (1 Viewer)

Tralis

Grip
Real Name
Dab Brill
PLII (Well, PLIIx) has three settings on my reciever, PLII Game, Movie, and Music. I know Music routes more to the Front L&R speakers as compared to Center and has a few adjustable settings. What exactly is the difference between PLII Game and PLII Movie?

zpdrummer

Agent
Real Name
Andrew
they arent huge differences, they all create 5.1 from a stereo signal what i discovered, is that the prologic music has more treble in it and comes primarily from the front speakers
movies has a deeper bass than music but less highs, the sound more often flows to the back speakers (probably a different alogrithm)
mine doesnt have a game feature, but im guessing it moves around easily like the movie setting. as for sound...i have no idea, but i assume it would have lots of mids and lows
(just a side note) mine had mono music decoder so it was music eq, but spatially, it was almost uniform across all the speakers, even the rear ones

Mark M. Smith

Stunt Coordinator
My receiver defines it as:

"The Pro Logic IIx Game mode sends surround channel bass signals to the
subwoofer to preserve visceral impact."

Personally I use it with games as a vast majority of games for the Gamecube and Playstation 2 were encoded with matrixed surround sound. Since they were matrixed I presume that they were mixed with the intent that they be decoded with Game as opposed to Cinema.

I find that in the Guitar Hero games that utilize it Game mode generally sounds better grounded while Cinema mode often sounds slightly off.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks