What's new

Please Kill me, I'm an idiot. (1 Viewer)

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
I'm Lucky.

Double front door to the house

5'3 staircase (plenty of room all around)

4' door into my room

I could get an 80" Mits if I wanted :D

If I got a DLP, I could just bear hug it and walk it up. I move plenty of DLP's at work, so I'm used to it!

Glad it worked out! Sounds like you will enjoy it even more now!

Wow, suddenly a new surge of people responding to this very old thread. Well all has been good. I enjoy the TV. In fact it seems too small now ;-). I remember when 57 inches seemed so big. To the person who mentioned the 80" TV's. Any size bigger than 57" and the manufacturer usually makes it able to come apart to two pieces. So your door size doesn't really matter above the size of a 57". I was just unlucky to not have gone with the 60". I thought it was too big. No matter. The only thing that sucks is that I have thought about moving, but the headache of the TV always becomes a factor. Getting it out shouldn't be too horrible. It should be a lot easier than it was to get in, but then I have to make sure the next place I get will fit the TV :-/. Anyway, time for bed. Night all.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
You know sumpin? Next time you're ready to upgrade and if you're living in the same apartment, get a projector! I'd recommend a really good DLP-based unit (Sharp, Marantz, Runco, etc.) and high-quality screen by Stewart Filmscreen. All that screen real estate without the hassle of using a crane to get another RPTV into your pad.

Yes, this thread was an attention-getter during its first run!

JohnnyKretentiv

Stunt Coordinator
I was reading this thread (I know many months too late) and was ready to set up an account for him on paypal so we could chip in and pay for the damn movers for him.

Ha. It took me a bit to remember what my user name was! There actually is an update to the story. I just signed a contract to buy my own apartment! I have lived in the same place for 4 years now, and I have the opportunity to have payments LESS than my current rent. The new place will be closer to Manhattan then my current one, and it's bigger.

Using my newfound knowledge. I measured VERY CAREFULLY to make sure the TV will fit in the new apartment. I was concerned because it's a walk up and is on the 4th floor. Luckily the building was built in 1925, which means that there is plenty of space.

So, now I just have to find some movers willing to lift it back out of my apartment. I'm hoping that taking it OUT of my apartment will be easier then taking it in. I imagine it will cost about the same amount, but it's worth it. After this I will never feel stuck again.

As for the prospective of a paypal account. I certainly appreciate the offer, but I am not the type of person to accept handouts. The only way to learn in life is through mistakes. However, if I get cancer or something, and can't afford medical treatment. That would be a situation where my rules would change :-D. So, save your money for when I'm dying of cancer.

If I remember, I'll post another update about getting the TV out of the apartment. Hopefully it won't be such a circus act, and I pray that it doesn't get damaged.

Mike

This thread is great! As you can see by my post-count, I'm a lurker (albeit, long-time lurker), and I just found this thread. Definetly made me laugh!

Mike, since so much time has passed, surely you're ready to upgrade anyways. I mean, you'll be saving money on rent, right? Just playing devil's advocate.

Thanks for the entertaining thread.

EricRWem

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adrik
So..what happened? Did the story end well, or what?! Don't leave me in suspense here! :D

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Wow I just found this thread...OMG you're gonna move the thing again ?????? I can't wait for the sequel thread... After all this guy's been thru.. Gregg the least you can do is throw him a free Calibration (Ducking) I better watch out Gregg knows where I live....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks