What's new

PLEASE HELP WITH MY SET-UP IS THERE A FIX (1 Viewer)

dexter419

Auditioning
Real Name
Shannon
Just to confirm you havethe HDMI cable from your PS3 connected to the TV, and the TV has a HDMI out that is connected to your reciever?
I have it the other way around: PS3 -Stereo-TV and there is no issue. Are you playing music that is stored on your PS3, streamed from a media server, or using one of the online connections?

lfcwhoelse

Auditioning
Real Name
KHUSHWANT DHILLON
dexter419 said:
Just to confirm you havethe HDMI cable from your PS3 connected to the TV, and the TV has a HDMI out that is connected to your reciever?
I have it the other way around: PS3 -Stereo-TV and there is no issue. Are you playing music that is stored on your PS3, streamed from a media server, or using one of the online connections?
I want to be able to hear streamed music (youtube, iplayer, 4od etc) from my ps3 which is just a normal online connection. My connections are...
Optical cable from tv to lg home cinema
Blu ray player to TV via hdmi
sky box to TV via hdmi
ps3 to TV via hdmi
I get sound from the above from the lg home cinema for all (including ps3 games) .... but no sound for internet content from ps3 (streaming etc)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Does the LG system have HDMI? The setup you describe, as mentioned by Dexter419, is generally the opposite of how one would normally connect a system. Typically you would send everything to the receiver and then from the receiver to the TV. The optical cable from the TV may not pass all audio through, and that is most likely what is happening here. If the sysetm does not have HDMI, an alternative would be to go optical directly from the PS3 to the receiver.

lfcwhoelse

Auditioning
Real Name
KHUSHWANT DHILLON
Thanks to everyone replied managed to get the problem sorted by connecting the optical from LG home cinema to back of ps3 optical. The thing now is to get a toslink optical adapter to connect the other devices. Thanks again to everyone :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks