What's new

Please Help! School project / Digital Distribution and the Entertainment Industry (1 Viewer)

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
Hey guys,

It's been awhile since I posted here but I'm reaching out to you guys for a little bit of help. I'm doing a research paper on digital distribution in the entertainment industry (covering print media, movies, music, tv, and video games), and I'm trying to find any info I can regarding sales figures for digital distribution, as well as charts of sales for present and future.

Also, if any of you have access to charts that show a progression of VHS to DVD, or Cassette to CD, etc. etc., that'd be amazing. I'm just trying to show how one format gradually takes over another, etc., then introduce the idea of digital distribution, and show how the entertainment industry heads feel that it will or will not take over Blu-Ray, CD, etc. as we move forward.

(My paper will cover both rentals and purchases.)

Thanks so much!! It's due in a few days, so asap
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

-Mike

Chris S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris S
O'yes... procrastination is your friend. :D

You can find the DVD player sales figures by Year/Month at the theDigitalbits.com (direct link). But I'm not sure you'll find much in the way of digital distribution (i.e. how many downloads per month).

A lot of that data is still being held very tightly by the online distributors for various marketing and competitive strategy reasons. Instead you might be better off looking at total number of subscribers or something along those lines. Maybe even just sales of hardware units (i.e. Roku, PS3, Xbox360 and other media extenders).

Lastly try digging around engadgetHD.com for analysis projections (they love those things) to use as a basis for any arguement with respect to future adoptence.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks