1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Please help me select a display device...

Discussion in 'Displays' started by MarcoBiscotti, Feb 19, 2013.

1. MarcoBiscotti

MarcoBiscotti Well-Known Member

Any thoughts on how a Panasonic VIERA TC-L37E5 37-Inch (1080p Full HD IPS LED-LCD TV) would stack up? I'm thinking of pairing this model with a Bowers & Wilkins Panorama 2 Digital Sound Projector...

2. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    I don't "follow" the LCD market. The last "under 42" TV I bought was a used 26" philips I bought on Ebay for $130. I have a "big house" and being relatively close to Chicago(an hour to downtown as long as you leave after 9am)...I get lots of guests. Every single TV in the house 42" and bigger(6 total) are all plasma. This philips replaced a 19" tube in the last room of the house that was still on SD.

3. Jim Mcc

Jim Mcc Well-Known Member

Jim
    Pretty much any TV that small will look very good. Check out the Consumer Reports reliability ratings, and buy one from the most reliable company. You can't go wrong with Panasonic. I bet it's right near the top.

4. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Well-Known Member

That is a "real" Panasonic--C5 models are outsourced. The IPS panel will give better off-angle performance than others, at a smallish sacrifice in black level performance. It is edge-lit but flashlighting is usually less of a problem the smaller the screen size, and is the only real way to get the slim profile you want at this screen size (Panny makes some thin plasmas but only at 55" and above). Adding the external audio will negate the audio weakness inherent in thin flat panel sets.