1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Please help me out with an image retention issue.

Discussion in 'Displays' started by tomcar, Jan 11, 2013.

1. tomcar

tomcar Member

I have a Panasonic plasma, and I got into a Minecraft marathon. I played for hours and hours. Now a faint image is left on the screen. I want to get rid of it but: 1. There is a rolling bar to get rid of such things but lasts like 8 minutes, so you have to keep restarting it. I need to leave it on like over night I believe for the image to go away. 2. I can not set the TV to a static station. It's a 2012 TV and literally will not stay on anything with static on it. The screen goes black if there is no broadcast. Does anyone have a good solution? I have looked all over the internet and there some sites with images to show, but I am not sure how to put them on a disc. I have a imac and an appletv so I can airplay stuff to my tv, I just need something that will do the trick and lasts for hours...

2. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Leave it on for 24hrs on a TV station that doesn't have much of an "icon"...as in don't use a news channel or ESPN. You could use a movie and just keep repeating it. I doubt it will need an entire 24hrs.

3. Cameron Yee

Cameron Yee Well-Known Member
    Reviewer

Cameron Yee
    Hook up your iMac to the TV and enable the screensaver, using "Spectrum" which provides a full screen of shifting colors. I don't think the fact they're pastels will make a difference.

4. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings Sometimes if the TV has a slide show capability ... load slides onto an SD card and just have it run the slides for hours as needed. The sleep timer on TVs help here . regards

5. tomcar

tomcar Member

I guess the latest version of mountain lion doesn't have the Spectrum screen saver. Too bad, it looks great.

6. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten