What's new

PLEASE HELP IN DECIDING RECEIVER (1 Viewer)

texansam

Auditioning
Real Name
sam
Hi guys,
I am a newbie at this section. I am trying to complete media room (no windows) for my house (12’ x 16’). I have the media room pre wired for 8 speakers and projector is also pre-wired. I have decided to buy the following items:
1) Projector – Panasonic PT – AR 100ULCD
2) Projector screen – either FAVI16:9 / 100 inch fixed frame or Elitech 110” (16:9) Fixed frame
Now comes the real dilemma. I want to have a 7.1 system. So I have following 3 options:
OPTION # 1 - Onkyo HT-S8409 7.1-Channel Network A/V Receiver/Speaker Package - HTIB about $ 700
OPTION # 2 - Denon Receiver – either AVR 1712 or AVR 2213.
I have no clue what speaker system to buy with those. I have heard names of jammos, energy, pioneer, etc but I am completely lost as to which speaker system to buy.
Should I but all 7 speakers and sub woofer from different brands or what?
Please help me!!!!!
P.S. I am getting ready for football season so I have given myself 3 months to put everything together. My budget for home theater system is ranging from 800 – 1800 (receiver + speakers + sub woofer). I will be watching football games and movies. I do not care about internet radio at all. I would not mind spending time putting the system together. I am concerned about only 2 things – reliability (system should not have issues) and sound (loud as heck…should blow the roof away……..if wife allows it….)
If you guys have any suggestions, please let me know about any changes I should make to make the system sound better. All suggestions are welcome.

Marcin

Auditioning
Real Name
Marcin
you can choose any of these brand, in my opinion they are the best on the marker: B&W, psb, paradigm, speakercraft, these are just a few brands that comes to my mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation199
Recent bookmarks