What's new

Please FINISH Peyton Place on DVD! *Official Thread* (1 Viewer)

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Alan have not forgot your question. I just had to plug this book which is one fantastic read.

Beyond Peyton Place: my fifty years on stage, screen, and television Paperback – December 15, 2008

by

Ed Nelson (Author), Alvin M. Cotlar M.D. (Author

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Alan I do not believe it is on kindle. The book was put out twice. The revised version is the one a fan should buy.

As I recall it goes into how the show was developed and the pilot which of course was cut later on. The characters switching roles and so forth. I enjoyed the book and lots of the cast members are interviewed for the book.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Alan the Ed Nelson book combined with the Peyton Place book is really a good read. Ed of course is no longer with us which is a shame. He was liked very much in the entertainment business.

I have a friend who knows quite a few of the actors from the show. They all speak very well of Ed.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Moderator's Note:

With the approval of the OP--and the encouragement of interested members--we have combined the two long-running Peyton Place threads into one "Official" mega thread.

The hope, obviously, to get interested parties to complete the work of releasing the remaining episodes on disc.

Mr. Handley

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Paul
Yeah, let's get the rest of this series on DVD! Although I'm a little too young to have seen it the first time around, I really loved what I saw on the previous DVD releases.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Peyton Place sets are on DVD in color during seasons one and two of Land of the Giants.

Season one featured the sets during the last season of Peyton Place 1968-69. When Peyton Place closed down Giants began using all the Peyton Place sets for their second and last season 1969-70. The square is in constant use even set interiors such as Martin Peyton's Room The Inn and Stephen Cords office building was used constantly as SID headquarters.

One episode from season two starring Alan Hale has all Peyton sets inside and out.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
Just finished Land of the Giants. Peyton Place fans should really pick this series up. The restored DVDs of this show with the Peyton Place sets look spectacular!! You also have Peyton Place actors in one episode. Time Tunnels last episode as all fans know contain the Peyton Place water front set which also looks great. LIS also when it come out in BD this fall will have sets from the series which we will now see in HD.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I have begun my annual Peyton Place the summer of 1966. I love this story line because it is the best of Mia and Ryan and the Ann Howard storyline which ends in November in color on ABC.

Here is one of those episodes during this mystery storyline. Thanks to Stuart.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I had a question on the Peyton Place pilot from their FB page. Does any person have the pilot? I get that question about the 1966 Christmas blooper reel made for the cast Christmas Party. Yes to the question on the 66 blooper reel. I do not know if any person has a copy of the pilot episode. Yet there is a clip of the pilot which I posted here and PP fans can find it at this link on HTF.

Post 918

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/200878-please-finish-peyton-place-on-dvd-official-thread/page-46

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I tried once more to look for the transcripts from the 1973 ABC special Peyton Place Revisited which is in the Fox Vault. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0302915/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

I wish I had bought them at the time they were for sale on ebay.

Here is the follow up daytime soap to Peyton Place and the only clip plus five episodes that UCLA has from the 2 year NBC series Return to Peyton Place.

http://www.hometheaterforum.com/topic/200878-please-finish-peyton-place-on-dvd-official-thread/page-48 post 945

tracyedgar

Stunt Coordinator
Charles Ellis said:
i wonder if the sequel NBC soap's tapes exist in the Fox vaults.
Charles, that would be a dream bonus, but sadly, I don't hold out much hope for it! I think that if they exist anywhere, we would have heard about it. I believe I read once that Dark Shadows was unique in that video or kinescope exists for every episode but one. Most other daytime soaps were destroyed/disposed of....correct?

JayHink

Second Unit
Real Name
Jason
tracyedgar said:
Charles, that would be a dream bonus, but sadly, I don't hold out much hope for it! I think that if they exist anywhere, we would have heard about it. I believe I read once that Dark Shadows was unique in that video or kinescope exists for every episode but one. Most other daytime soaps were destroyed/disposed of....correct?
I think I read somewhere too that Dark Shadows benefitted from the producer himself keeping an archive of the tapes personally.

Dunno if it's true & don't remember where I read it, but it's too bad more didn't do it.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I just wanted to make mention for those that own the entire series from their own recordings that the first color episodes from 1966 are stand out episodes for color. The Peyton House and the other sets look great.

The plot from this period is also very good. Also Twilight Time has released Count Yorga which has Martin Peyton doing a great introduction voice over in the movie about the myth of the Vampire. Both these films were produced by the son of George.

The other thing I learned that Fox is also going to put out Peyton Place the movie on BD next year I guess. I do not know about Return to Peyton Place the second feature film.

Mark Collins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark
I also forgot to make mention that the 2 Shout volumes are still selling. You can get them fairly cheap if you look on Amazon. They really did a nice job on them. I mean Shout Factory. I found the quality good and how you can jump from episode to episode. I also would recommend the book on the show. Ed Nelson's book is also very good but very hard to come by.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks