What's new

Playstation 2 DVD issue? (1 Viewer)

David_N

Stunt Coordinator
Hi all,
I reciently bought a PS2, mostly to use as a 2nd DVD player, at least until FFX comes out. I've watched a few movies on it and have noticed something strange. About halfway through (maybe at a layer change) the audio will be about half a second ahead of the video for the rest of the movie. If I pause the movie and then resume it the sound and video get back in sync. Is this a known issue? Am I crazy?
When I was pokeing around the Configuration Screen. I noticed the different software versions used to run disks. Is there somesort of "BIOS flash" that is avaliable for the PS2?
Thank you for your time,
David_N

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Dave,
There are known issues with the PS2 having synch problems on certain movies. If you have not done so yet, you may want to go out and purchase the official Sony DVD remote for the PS2 as it somes with a driver disc that updates the version of the DVD-rom driver the PS2 is using. This update has been reported to correct allot of these synch issues and also adds a good bit of features to the PS2 like multiple forward and rewind speeds.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks