What's new

Player hits a 90 footer to win basketball game in overtime (1 Viewer)

ZacharyTait

Senior HTF Member
Guilford College Basketball Player makes a 90 footer to win the game in OT.

Video of Game Winning Shot

That is one incredible shot!

This reminded me of a JV game my sophmore year. My team was in foul trouble so I went in with about 2 seconds left to get the inbound pass and run out the clock. We were up by 4 so we had the game in the bag. There was a miscommunication between the player inbounding the ball and me. I faked one way and went the other. The player inbounding it bit on the fake and passed to where I had faked to. The guy guarding me picked it up, took two steps, and hit a 60 footer to get his team withn one. Thank goodness we were up by more than 3, otherwise I think I would have gotten my ass beat in the locker room. :)

Haggai

Senior HTF Member
And thank goodness you didn't recover just in time to...

...foul him and turn it into a 4-point play. :D

Chris Lanni

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Christopher
...Outstanding...

You can see the kid right in front of the camera has a major jaw-drop moment. Too Cool.

Gods Love
chris

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
Thats the luckiest thing I have ever seen in my life.

That reminds me of that Michael Jackson video where he hits the basketball with his heel and it went in.

Citizen87645

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cameron Yee
The opposing team members are just stumbling around in shock. Pretty funny.

Todd Calhoun

Agent
It might be just me, but if you look at the scoreboard before the ball goes in, it doesn't look that close. The score on the left looks like "104". Or is the camera smearing it?

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
The camera smeared it. The article stated that the final score was 91 to 89. It kinda looked like 104 at first sight, but I watched it again and it resembles 89.

Dennis*G

Supporting Actor
Took me back to 7th grade man. We were undefeated the entire season, up by two in the final seconds of the championship game. Opposing team makes a desperate throw a little more then half-court at buzzer, all net.

We walked around in a daze for awhile also.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter
My favorite last second basketball play of all time was in a high school game about fifteen years ago. The trailing team is down by 1 and inbounding the ball on their own end with less than two seconds left. When the ref hands the ball to the in-bounder, one of his teammates drops to all fours around the free throw line and starts barking loudly like a dog. All of the defending team players turn to see what the hell is going on, and the out of bounds guy tosses the ball to his buddy under the basket for an easy lay up. Game over. :D

Brad

Denward

Supporting Actor
Sportscenter showed that shot over and over again in their Top Ten. It was #9,#7,#5,#3, and #1.

Sportscenter had one a few weeks ago that I thought was much cooler. Similar game situation but the trailing team was taking it out of bounds 94 feet away. The guy inbounding the ball was being guarded so when he tried to throw the long pass, the defender got a hand on it and the ball came down about 5 feet behind him. The defender started jumping up and down and celebrating, but the inbounder alertly jumped into the court, got the ball and threw it in the basket from 85 feet away.

When I was in 9th grade, we were playing against a team that was running a 3/4 court press. I had the ball near the free throw line in the backcourt when I saw an open teammate under our basket. Just as I started to throw the long pass, a defender moved in the way so I adjusted my pass a little high. I wouldn't be telling you this story if the ball hadn't gone in the basket. There were still about 3 minutes left in the first quarter. Of course, back in 1977 it was only worth 2 points.

Haggai

Senior HTF Member

I've totally seen that, it was awesome! Are you sure it was that long ago? I seem to remember seeing it just in the last couple of years. Though it also could have been one of those "weirdest plays ever" kind of things where they go back many years.

Brad Porter

Screenwriter

I saw it in college with my roommates, and that puts it at least 11 years ago. Holy crap! I'm 11 years out of college! I'm old! :D

Brad

Chris Derby

Second Unit
I think I saw on the news yesterday that one of the news programs bet the kid that he couldn't make the shot again... and he did.

I wish I could find a clip of that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks