1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Plasma TV help

Discussion in 'Displays' started by treddy, Apr 26, 2006.

1. treddy

treddy Member

Hi,

My 1.5year old Panasonic Plasma TV has run into a wierd problem. On any of video1, video2 or video3 inputs, picture is not coming. Audio is working ok. I tried connecting different components through S-video cable and also through regular RGB cable, but they are not working. So far I was getting by using Comp1, comp2 and HDMI inputs. I called panasonic and they said they haven't heard this problem before and think one of the cables inside the TV might have come loose and I need to get it checked. So I was wondering if anyone seen this kind of problem?

And my second part of question is: since comp1 and comp2 are working, can I buy a converter RGB/S-video to Component converter and get around this issue? Since now I am out of warranty and to get it checked local authorized dealer quoted $150 to check up (plus $120 for housecall, otherwise I have to carry the system to their place) and then if there are charges for any additional repairs. So for me buying a converter looks like a chaper option for now. I appreicate if anyone can recommend a converter.

thanks in advance for your reposes,
    Treddy