What's new

Planet Earth - The RIGHT Version? (1 Viewer)

Corey

Screenwriter

Well it's not going to look bad either if you have an upconverting dvd player and a 1080p LCD either.

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
That's true!

So send anyone saying that it sucks for you guys to me... :)

Cees

Sumnernor

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sumner Northcutt
I don't fully understand the english in the above quote- I assume he is stating the Hi-Def is (much) better into response to my statement "I can't really see how HD types are that much better." Let me restate. I bought an expensive high-quality PAL 30" Tube TV. I am not ready to throw my TV into the garbage in order to get Hi-Def. The PAL quality picture is far superior to the NTSC picture. I felt that the PQ of the PAL Planet Earth is extremely good on a PAL TV. For the reasons just mentioned plus the fact that there are 2 systems (ala VHS & Betamax) I don't think now is another reason not to take the plunge as well as $$$ . I find the PQ so good - that I am not rushing out to get a Hi-Def. I will not dispute that many people think that Hi-Def is very good Also by getting the Standard DVDs ( some months ago) , I also get the various extras not included for some strange reason on the Hi-Def sets.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg

In all likelihood, the actual video content should be the exact same. Regardless of which you buy, it should be an outstanding viewing experience.

Mike~Sileck

Supporting Actor
Josh

Thanks for the update...

My Blu-Ray machine is more capable than my HD-DVD player, so I guess I've made my decision!

Thanks so much!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks