What's new

Pitch your ideas for possible Sequels (1 Viewer)

Aaron Reynolds

Screenwriter
Real Name
Aaron Reynolds

Dammit, you beat me to it.

It's not the same without Buck Henry pitching it, though.

(Funny story -- a friend and I went to see The Player and howled all the way through it, until an old lady turned around in front of us at about the three-quarter mark and angrily shouted, "You should have come to see the movie, not to laugh at your own private jokes!")

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
first: Great thread!

I'm going to take a different tact based on hollywood's horrible sequel history.

I am thinking there would be a much greater chance at adding, rather than detracting from film history by making sequels of the following:

Plan 9 from outer space: Plan 10 anyone? plan 9 was the worst movie EVER. Hollywood can't go wrong!

Showgirls: This should be obvious. At the very least make the same movie with more nudity, and they'd be well on the way toward far surpassing the original.

Star Wars: :D

Battlefield Earth: anyone?

Titanic: flame suit on

Ok, but seriously, here's a film I wouldn't mind seeing the sequel for, but it'd have to be done by jarmush and done well: Ghost Dog. I think it could be very very interesting, especially as the first one now that I think about it, while culturally fascinating was still very male-role oriented, coule be a very very interesting expansion of an incredible film. There's both the little girl, and the mob boss's daughter, interesting possibilities.

Miller's Crossing: I just love the coen brothers, and I love gabriel byrne. I was thinking at first of usual suspects but he died in that one, so he wouldn't be back, so I thought of this one. A sequel to the big lebowski would also be great :).

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Battlefield Titanic!

An alternate history adventure. The unsinkable RMS Titanic on it's fateful voyage to New York is suddenly invaded by aliens from the planet Psychlo, led by Terl (John Travolta) with his best friend Jules (Samuel L.Jackson), their crippled spaceship perched precariously on one of the Titanics funnels. After much mayhem, many of the passengers manage to escape on lifeboats. The Psychlos declare victory laughing and celebrating "the ship is ours" yells Terl, "Check out the big head on Terl. You one smart motherfucker!" laughs Jules, when suddenly, the ship hits an iceberg...

James T

Screenwriter
It might work. The working title for the Lost Boys sequel was The Lost Girls.

Me, I'd like to see a SCI-FI sequel to Top Gun. Top Gun 2: Goose's revenge. Maverick has moved on with his life and Zombie Goose won't let him forget that he was responsible for his death.

The serious stuff I'd like to see....

I'm a sucker for the whole "vs" thing. So I'd love an Ash vs some iconic horror character. Against Freddy, Jason or Myers, he might do alright, but against anyone else, there's no bother to make a movie as Ash will have no chance against them.

Fight Club. Rework the book, Choke to feature all the characters from Fight Club and get the cast back and it might just work.

Garrett Lundy

Senior HTF Member
Pet Sematary 3: When a Wal*Mart is built over the haunted Indian burial ground hilarity ensues!

Blade: First Blood Now that all the vampires are dead, Blade retires and tries to "find himself" on the backroads of America. Until he crosses paths with a racist small-town Sheriff.

Brad M

Second Unit

I like it, but only if we switch it around and it's about a human that runs around biting werewolves. :D

Leonard Pt. 12
Air Force Two: Hijacked Again

How about E.T. The Return? (Drew Berrymore has actually tried to get this one done.)

Okay for real:

Ghostbusters 3. There are a lot of different ideas floating around on this one. Most are crap but I'd still like to see them try to do it.

Starship Troopers. Something that captures the style and fun of the first one. Forget the sequel that they made.

A prequel to Tombstone starring Val Kilmer. Follow Doc on some early adventure.

I'll stop there so I don't go overboard.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Ok, here's "The Pitch"

Ok, guys, here's hte setup, I call it: The Hindenberg: (Titanic 2)

In a wild series of events, two of the surviving members of Titanic are invited along to fly the first voyage on the doom ship; in their old age, they connect on the ship, remembering disaster and their connection to each other, only to be incenerated in the end.

I think of it as kind of a "The Notebook" meets "Titanic" meets a Nazi war movie; it'll scan all the demographics.

James T

Screenwriter

How about if it's a Roman Polanski or Woody Allen feature? Imagine that combintion! I don't recall Doc's story being that exciting pre-Tombstone, but I'd watch it just to see Val Kilmer get respect. And who knows, maybe the folks at the Academy Awards might just give him a nod to make up for what happened with Tombstone.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Gladiator 2

Maximus (Russel Crowe) awakens in the afterlife. But instead of being reunited with his loved ones in Heaven, he finds himself in the fiery depths of Hell. He must lead a group of deceased but honorable gladiators against the infernal armies in order to get a one on one fight with the Lord of the Underworld himself, Satan. If he wins, he and the other gladiators will be granted safe passage into heaven, where Maximus will finally be reunited with his family.

MatthewLouwrens

Senior HTF Member
Harold Ramis talked in a recent interview about how the official plan for Ghostbusters 3 was going to be "Ghostbusters Go To Hell". It sounded like an interesting idea.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I would LOVE a Ghostbusters 3, unfortunitely I think that ship has sailed, the actors are all too old now and the enthusiasm for the boys in Grey as weaned, I fear the film wouldn't do well now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks