What's new

Pirates of the Carribean: DD-EX? (1 Viewer)

Ryan Tsang

Second Unit
Hi folks:

Is this title in DD-EX and DTS-ES matrix or no? The packaging reads 5.1 for both formats, which is what the above formats are, but does not distinguish if it is "regular" DD/DTS.

A list here at HTF say it is. But, if the packaging is not telling, how are we supposed to know, if our processors do not have the additional processing?

Thanks guys.

Artur Meinild

Screenwriter
My experience is that DD-EX is often not advertised on the packaging - I don't know why. But if someone have checked the disc and says it is EX, I would believe that is the case...

Roger J

Stunt Coordinator
Pirates of the Caribbean is DD EX. The Dolby track is also flagged for EX so decoders set to auto detect EX will switch to EX decoding automatically.

I suppose the DTS track is flagged fir ES, but frankly, I didn't bother to check.

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben

That's why the list at HTF was created and is regularly updated. As noted previously, EX encoding is not always noted on the packaging.

M.

John S

Senior HTF Member
Maybe so, but you at least tried the DTS right???

I compared back to back, and man that DTS is one dynamic great peice of DTS recording engineering.

Roger J

Stunt Coordinator

Was that to me? If so, then no, I didn't. I am well aquainted with half bitrate DTS audio and I stopped bothering some time ago.

RJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks