What's new

Pirates of the Caribbean: Curse of the Black Pearl Framing Issue (1 Viewer)

Rolando

Screenwriter
I would also like to know how to indentify the corrected version. I bought mine a while ago but still un-opened. so I can still exchange (manager at store knows me) if I can tell if they have corrected version in-store.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
You can't tell whether or not it's corrected by looking at the external packaging. You have to look at the code on the inside of the disc itself. FWIW, the only retail store I've heard selling corrected copies so far is Toys R' Us.

Grant H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Grant H
I got my "mailer" yesterday. A bit disappointed, not a mailer at all, just a label, along with a form to fill out asking when and where I bought it, UPC, reason for return, etc.

So looks like I have to find a box or a buy a mailer to send it back. I do have some lying around I can use, but had it been a simple envelope like I'm accustomed to with these things, I'd have had it in the mail by now.

Jeff Robertson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff Robertson
I chose this title as part of my "5 free discs by mail" offer. I included a note requesting that they kindly send me the disc with the corrected framing. I wonder if the person on the receiving end will know what that is in reference to. Probably not. Well, considering the length of time that may pass before I receive anything, the only discs that are available could be corrected anyway.

Averry

Second Unit
Real Name
Andrew
I just ordered one off of amazon that i'll receive tomorrow.

I'll test it out. I'm assuming it should be a corrected version what with Amazon's Blu-Ray traffic.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member

Don't count on it. Amazon is where I got mine from last week and it still had the incorrect framing. Many people over at AVS also had the same problem so it doesn't look like Amazon is carrying the remastered discs, only Toys R' Us.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
UPDATE: After speaking with the very friendly CS rep last week who told me I'd be receiving a pre-paid mailer to send the mis-framed disc back in I actually received a bubble envelope with the corrected disc in it today. I think it's a completely random thing at this point whether you have to send the original disc back or not, but I would recommend to everyone that they don't waste their time with that e-mail address and call the 800 # instead. I think you'll get much better results that way, at least I did. Good luck!!! :)

Sanjay Gupta

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Sanjay Gupta
I can't believe that it has been over a month since I got an email stating that I shall be receiving the fixed disc "shortly". But guess what, NO DISC yet. Disney service really sucks.

PS: No. I am not expecting them to send it to India. I had iven my brother-in-law's address in the US for this purpose.

James Ryfun

Stunt Coordinator
Wow. Disney is really starting to piss me off.

After a month of waiting for them to just reply to my email, they finally (after about another week and a half) send me my "mailer." But it's just a label. And the instructions say to send the DVD along with it's case back to them, using the label they sent.

But in the email, they said just to send the disc, not the entire package. I have no idea what I'm supposed to do now. I was going to call them, but apparently, they're already closed.

This is so frustrating. I just want a disc I can watch. What the bleedin' hell...

Mark Booth

Senior HTF Member
Funny, I've received three envelopes already! The first one was damaged in the mail and the disc was missing. So, I contacted BV about resending it. Then they sent me two more! :confused:

Mark

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Here is my time line so far:

December 21st: E-mail BVHE about POTC problem.
January 08th: Receive E-maol from BVHE about said problem & requesting address. I E-mail BVHE the same day with home addy.

January 19th: Receive E-mail from BVHE stating that a mailing envelope will be sent to me.

Now January 22nd and no envelope, hopefully I'll have the corrected disc by the time Christmas 2008 rolls around............:rolleyes::rolleyes

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
It's stories like these that made me nervous about how Disney would handle the situation, but apparently I reached the best CS rep they have when I called the 800 # last week because the turnaround was lightning fast. It's a shame everyone else isn't getting the same level of service. :frowning:

Reagan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reagan
My story is almost identical to Joe's timeline above. Very frustrating.

-Reagan

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Strangely enough, after receiving the replacement disc in the mail yesterday I get an e-mail from Disney today saying a pre-paid mailer will soon be sent to me. Looks like all their ducks aren't in a row on this program.

Jay Pennington

Screenwriter
It took about a month for me to get a return email. My mailer, or rather, mailing label, arrived yesterday. Inside is a form to fill out, and, as has been mentioned, it instructs you to return the disc in its case.

I just called the 800# to clarify. She said that's just a generic letter; for the Pirates exchange, they want DISC ONE ONLY. No case, and certainly not disc 2.

I'm glad I called...

Roger Mathus

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Mathus
I got mailing label for return last week. They are asking for return of disc plus case. I had not sent back yet. Based upon the post of Jay, I will send just the disc 1.

David M.

Agent
I don't know if I'm getting a mailer or the actual replacement disc. On the 8th I got the request for mailing address. On the 19th I got a reply saying thank-you for the information and that a replacement is on the way. No mention of the mailer at all in the second response.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

They are asking you to send the old disc back? They just sent me a new disc, no need to send anything back to them.

Doug

RickER

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Rick

Yep, they wanted my old disc, and i had to go buy the mailer envelope to put it in. All they sent was the label, to pay the postage, and the generic form telling me to send the disc, AND the case. I only sent the disc, as the e mail said not to send anything else but the disc. Course the e mail also said they would send an envelope as well as the postage label, and they didnt.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks