What's new

Pirates of the Caribbean: At World's End (2007) (1 Viewer)

RobLe

Stunt Coordinator
The trailer was awesome. I liked Dead Man's Chest, but not nearly as much as the first one. I am definitely excited.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
God, I'm so excited for this movie now. I like how there's so much going on in the trailer, that you can go back and watch it a couple of times and still see something new. The barnacle question has intrigued me, and I'm interested to see what will happen when the rest of the crew (especially Will) find out what Elizabeth did to Jack.

I loved the "You've all tried to kill me and one of you succeeded!" scene where everyone looks at Elizabeth, so if they all look at her then then they must know, by then right?

I'm also SO glad to see Barbossa again.

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
Count me in as another that preferred DMC to CotBP. I didn't like DMC as much the first time I saw it, but I watched CotBP again and then saw DMC a second (and eventually third) time, and it definitely grew on me with repeated viewings. I can't wait for AWE. This summer is going to kick some ass for movies.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
Wow, indeed Terry. Is it possible this one could do $500 million? That statement certainly sets it up for disappointment if that is indeed what the studio is excpecting but with DMC raking in $423 million....and Worlds End should be a better film with Geoffrey Rush back in the mix???

I adore the first one....then tolerated the second...but yet I am still rather excited for the finale. :)

TerryRL

Senior HTF Member
In all honesty, I liked both Pirates flicks about the same (a slight edge going to the first one), but I really dug the Davy Jones character and his crew. That was the highlight of DMC in my opinion. The trailer for Pirates 3 got me really excited for the new flick (that shot of Jack and Davy Jones sword fighting was epic) and I wouldn't be at all surprised if the movie earned as much (if not more) than DMC did.

Could this franchise yield back-to-back billion dollar worldwide performers?

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
I think this movie is going to surprise even the biggest fans of the franchise with how well it does. I think that it will equal, if not surpass the box office of DMC. I just think that the level of excitement for this film is just that high. (I also think it helps that they're being released in back to back years, so the excitement doesn't wane, etc.). That Hollywood Reporter article is crazy.

I just love Geoffrey Rush. He's such a great actor, and he and Deep are great sparring partners (verbal or otherwise). I wonder what will happen to Barbossa by the end of the movie?

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
The only thing that could potentially hurt box office is the fact that Spider-Man 3 and Shrek 3 are also being released in the same month. I don't understand why the studios scheduled all of their big guns in the same month and logic would dictate that one of these movies will suffer from it. I could be wrong, though, and all three could very well earn over $400 million. I guess we'll know in a little over a month.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member

I agree. I think the film that has the best chance at 400 M will be "Spider-Man 3" for the fact that it is the first one out the door.

DavidPla

Senior HTF Member
I was a bit disappointed with the trailer for "At World's End". But on that note, there's some clips from the score of the new film and I've got got to say that Hans Zimmer has really pushed it all to the next level. Here's hoping the film can match this amazing score.

http://www.soundtrack.net/features/article/?id=231

With that said, does ANYONE know if we are really going to see a Land of the Dead or something akin to it in this film. If you listen to the piece from Track 4, it is Jack Sparrow's theme from "Dead Man's Chest" but played like from the underworld. I absolutely adore it. And my anticipation would grow if I knew we might see some dead world with ghosts or spirits.

Abby_B

Supporting Actor
There are new sort of behind the scenes type podcasts that have footage from the movie and cast interviews spliced together - they're really interesting, I think, and they get a nice excitement buzz going for the movie.

They are worth checking out! It's here: http://nutria.msn.no/specials/pirates3/klipp.aspx?vis=1

Can't believe it's so close to release now!

Larry Sutliff

Senior HTF Member
Is AWE not getting press screenings? Less than a week before the official release, and not one official review to be found anywhere.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Do they even have a poster for this movie out yet? I've only seen the character teaser posters. But I haven't seen an official, full-blooded big-heads-with-action-in-the-foreground poster yet. :)

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Cool. Now I'm kinda excited about this. I was expecting three hours of the same old long, tedious and drawn out (but immensely clever) action sequences with a couple of jokes in between them.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks