What's new

Pipe Dreaming? (1 Viewer)

Brooks H

Auditioning
Looking to upgrade the DVD player in our home theater. Are there any good quality 5/6 disc DVD changers that support SACD (or DVD-A)? Will also be used to play music so good audio quality is a must. I've looked around and haven't found any that I like and am considering a single DVD player and a separate CD changer. Any opinions?

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
I think the Kenwood 6050 is a DVD-A and a 5 disc. Just remember, 5 disc DVD players are not automatic changers like their CD counterparts. When disc one is finished you have to change to disc two yourself. This is why I have kept my CD changer hooked up so I can still listen to hours of un-interupted music if I choose. Gene

gene c

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gene
After re-reading your post, I realized you said "good quality". While Kenwood is good, you may be expecting more. I don't think the "real good" universal players are offered in 5 disc yet like Denon, Marantz, Yamaha ETC. so maybe one of their single disc players (the Marantz 8300, Denon 2900) and a decent CD changer may be the way to go. I'm waiting for Pioneer to come out with a 5 disc version of their 563 player but I'm a cheap #$%&^%$#. Anyway, have fun! Gene

JessPrice

Stunt Coordinator
"I'm waiting for Pioneer to come out with a 5 disc version of their 563 player but I'm a cheap #$%&^%$#. Anyway, have fun!"

Sums it all up for me ;)

Jon_Welker

Second Unit
I have a Yamaha CX1 DVD changer, which you can now find for about 5 bills or less. It has great PQ with its Faroudja processing, great 2 ch. audio with its Burr-Brown DAC's, supports DVD-A, and weighs 23 lbs., so very well-built. Originally retailed for around $1K. Been extremely happy with mine since July. Have never really listened to the DVD-A on it, though, as the Elite DV45A has those duties.

Others to consider:

-Marantz VC5400
-Denon 2815

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks