What's new

Pioneer vsx-421 (1 Viewer)

rz500

Auditioning
Real Name
Rozan mosho
Hello,

I'm trying to control my TV through Pioneer VSX421 remote (or opposite). HDMI Control and ARC is on while my Samsung TV anynet+ is not recoginzing the reciever.

Connections are: many devices (apple TV, cable tv, etc.) are connected to reciever while from the HDMI out there is a connection to TV. Is there more efficient way to connect those devices?

Thanks for helping a beginner...:)

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
What, exactly, are you trying to control? On and off?(which is all the "control" you need)Channels?(are you using OTA?)Web features?(which...depending which TV you have, must use its control)And everything goes to the AVR first.

rz500

Auditioning
Real Name
Rozan mosho
schan1269 said:
What, exactly, are you trying to control? On and off?(which is all the "control" you need)Channels?(are you using OTA?)Web features?(which...depending which TV you have, must use its control)And everything goes to the AVR first.
Hi.
Everything does goes to AVR and then out to TV. Not sure what is OTA, probably not...
Trying to control on/off, volume, channels, etc. Basically want to use only one remote control (e.g. the AVR remote in order to control TV, AVR, etc.)
Thanks!

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Your AVR's remote looks too basic for that. You can't control a TV/cable box from a remote that has no learning/pre-programming. Buy a universal remote.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.