1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pioneer VSX-1021 and Onkyo SKS-HT540 7.1CH

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by saga286, Dec 9, 2012.

1. saga286

saga286 Auditioning

Hello, I just bought this setup in the title. This is literally my first home theater set up. I bought the receiver for $75 and it works great so far, just no manual and no microphone. I really need help with setting up my system. I can figure how to make setting changes if necessary, but can you guys help me on what settings are recommended? Also, I don't understand the ratings on the receiver that well 20hz to 20khz at 90Watts and 1khz at 130 Watts?
    So far, I can only set up the 2 front speakers with the subwoofer, not enough space right now. Any suggestions would be really helpful.
    Thank you very much.

2. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    Download the owners manual.
    http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Home/AV-Receivers/Pioneer+Receivers/VSX-1021-K
    As for "proper settings"...like...
    Crossover?
    How to hook something up?
    Whether or not to use MCACC?

3. saga286

saga286 Auditioning

Basically, crossover settings and any other important settings. I already know how hook things up. I saw Mcacc not exactly sure what it does.

4. gene c

gene c Producer

Gene
    You get a higher power rating at 1 kh because it's easier to drive a single frequency that it is ti drive the full range band (deeper tones are much harder to drive than mid-range and high tones).
    MCACC sets up the speaker sizes, distances, volumes and crossover settings for you automatically as well as setting the equalizer but you need the setup mic to do it. I'm sure they are available on ebay. You can also do those things manually. Go into the Main Menu and select Manual Setup.
    Set the Front speaker group to "Small" and the Surround, Surround Back and Center speakers to "None" untill you hook them up as well. Set crossover to 80, 100 or 120, whichever sounds best to you.