What's new

Pioneer VSX-1014 and 52TX (1 Viewer)

NickSP

Supporting Actor
I don't know what you mean by more "powerful". Pioneer uses Motorola 48 bit processors in most of their Elite and non Elite receivers. The non Elite receivers uses one of these while the Elite receivers use two of these 48 bit processors.

John Tami

Stunt Coordinator
Several things can mean a more powerful processor. More speed, more instructions per clock cycle, etc...

Look at AMD vs Intel. These days when comparing both companies 32bit CPU's, clock cycle to clock cycle AMD's are "more" powerful. They do more work per cycle, thus don't need to speed as fast as the Intels. (years ago it was the other way around! LOL!)

And I DO think the 52X is a true Elite. Last years 41x was not..but it gave custom installers a low cost options for folks. The interior goods (amps, processors, chassis, noise, etc ) are most certainly well above anything before in the Consumer line and match what has been in the mid Elite line for years. (as does the 2012...)

Yung

Stunt Coordinator
I believe the 1014TX and 52TX use a high speed Motorola 48-bit processor at 180 MIPS whereas the other Pioneers use 150 MIPS.

Although I am not positive on this, the higher end Elites probably use dual 150 MIPS Motorola 48-bit processors as opposed to the single 180 MIPS Motorola 48-bit processor in the 1014TX/52TX.

NickSP,
Also, the 2012K of last year is considered by many to be an Elite class receiver in regular Pioneer dress. According to various postings by members of this forum and others, it is essentially a Re-badged Pioneer Elite VSX-45TX, a model from the prior year (2002). You can download the 45TX manual from the Pioneer website to verify this for yourself. Pioneer introduced the 2012K with an MSRP of $1,200 and GG closed the 2012K out earlier this year at about $600. This is compared to the $1,400 MSRP for the 45TX.

BB is currently selling this model as the VSX-1012 on their website for list price of $799 and had it on sale recently for $599. If you look at the Pioneer Parts website, it shares the same service manual as the 45TX as does the 2012K.

Just as the 45TX is a real Elite, the 52TX is also a real Elite receiver, but albeit a more entry level Elite.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks