What's new

pioneer receiver turns tv screen purple (1 Viewer)

jna

Auditioning
Real Name
Jason
I just got a new Pioneer vac 823 k and have it hooked up to Toshiba 55 led. When I turn it to bluray the screen is purple but I can still see the picture. Its fine when watching sat/cable or playn video games. If I unplug hdmi n plug it back in it usually fixes it,and its the hdmi cable from tv to receiver that I unplug and plug back in. I tried doing different hdmi cable with bluray but still had same problem. I seen online couple others having same problem . Any help thanks

schan1269

HTF Expert
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Turn off the 24p in the BD player. That seems to be the culprit...but why some Pioneer/Elite have issue with it is beyond me.I've never ran across it...but it us always what is brought up.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Sounds like HDMI handshake issues. You shouldn't have to sacrifice 24p capability just to enjoy your BD player. I think you need to establish a sequence of turning on equipment that works best: For instance, switch the receiver to BD, then turn on the BD player. HDMI can be very fussy when switching sources on the fly. On my own system which seems to handle HDMI switching pretty well, every once in a while I'll get a bad handshake and the screen is nothing but snow. I just quickly turn the receiver off and back on and voila, I'm back to normal.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks