What's new

Pioneer Kuro PDP-5010FD (1 Viewer)

Swanton

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
Good afternoon,

I asked this question in another thread but was referred to this section of the forum instead.

I am getting ready to commit to installing a home theater system and I am researching TVs. I think I am set on the Pioneer PDP-5010FD, but want to know if there are other options I should consider. I've seen the TV listed online less than 3K, which is perhaps doable.

I don't think I can jump up to get the Elite version; is the Elite worth it anyway? I read through another thread on this but did not feel there was a clear answer.

Thank you!

Gregg Loewen

Founder, Professional Video Alliance
Insider
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gregg Loewen
This is a very nice panel, with the exception of the elite version, IMO, the best made.

If budget is of a concern, consider the Panasonic line of plasmas.

Swanton

Auditioning
Real Name
Michael
Thank you for the response.

I have a budge in the 8 to 10K range, but that includes the TV, sound system, cables, etc, and a cabinet for the components. I think the Elite is out of my range given the budget.

However, what are some of the main differences between the Elite and standard Pioneer?

Thank you.

cbenfer

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris
Hey there. I recently bought the 60" version of this TV - Standard version. I don't know what adjustments are available with the Elite, but I was very disappointed in those available for the Standard. They are very minimal. That said, the picture still looks fantastic and I'm happy with the TV.

I didn't really notice any problems until a couple of weeks after I got the TV, when I purchased the HD Digital Video Essentials disc and tried to correct some of the minor flaws (oversaturation of Red and Green, for example). I was unable to make the proper corrections with the tools avaialble - or at least not the ones I could find in about 2 hours of searching.

To my eye, the picture looks fine, and it probably will to you, too. But if you plan to really fine-tune the picture, you'll want to go for the Elite. It just depends on how much it will bother you if it isn't "correct". My personal opinion is that even though I would really like to make the adjustments, the extra cost just wasn't justified.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks