1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pioneer Elite VSX-49TX (refurb) for $1599

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Joseph H, Feb 3, 2003.

1. Joseph H

Joseph H Auditioning

Ecost.com has the Pioneer Elite VSX-49TX (not the 49TXI) for $1599 + free shipping. These are refurbished from the factory but in the description it says the 2 year Elite warranty applies. Last I checked they had 8 left. Seems like a good price for a great receiver.

2. Lee Bombard

Lee Bombard Stunt Coordinator

This does seem to be a really great price. Anyone have any experience with this seller?

3. Wade Shapiro

Wade Shapiro Extra

I've never bought any refurbished products from Ecost.com, but I've ordered many other things from them and found that the prices are great and the items ship immediately. I have never had to return anything so I can't vouch for their return policy, but I have called the 800 number to place an order a couple of times and the customer service rep was very friendly and helpful, and even gave me a discount from the prices listed on the website.

I would think if these are refurbished by Pioneer and come with the full Elite 2 year warranty that you couldn't really go wrong.

4. Lee Bombard

Lee Bombard Stunt Coordinator

I just spoke with the folks over at e-cost and they said the 2 year Elite Warranty does NOT apply to this item (even though it does state that in their description.) It only has the standard re-furb 30 days.

What to do? What to do?

Lee

5. John M Miller

John M Miller Stunt Coordinator

I bought a refurb Elite receiver awhile back from Ubid and it did not work properly out of the box. Whether Pioneer has improved its refurb or not is uncertain, but I would never recommend buying refurbished electronics. You get what you pay for.