What's new

pioneer elite SC 79 120v got plugged into 240v socket (1 Viewer)

klnielsen

Auditioning
Real Name
Kate
Someone plugged our pioneer elite SC 79 120v into a 240v socket and now it will not power on. Is there a fuse or a circuit-breaker somewhere we can change or is it likely we have more damage?

klnielsen

Auditioning
Real Name
Kate
Hi schan1269. Thanks for the quick reply but that does not answer my question. We have both 120 and 240v outlets. The machine was plugged into the wrong one by mistake. I need to know if there is a fuse or a circuit breaker that has blown that we can change or if there is likely greater damage to the machine. We are located on a remote Caribbean island so do not have access to any authorised dealer or repair shops. We need a DIY solution. Many thanks.

Dennis Nicholls

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dennis
The online manual says it's 120v only. Now some switching power supplies (e.g. in desktop computers) can go either 120 or 240 but probably not the power supply in your receiver. You may get lucky and only have to replace the "standby" power supply - the one that's always on.

Sometimes even units marked "no user serviceable parts inside" may contain pigtail fuses soldered onto PC boards. I once fixed a piece of AV gear by replacing such a fuse.

Have you taken the covers off the unit and looked around inside yet? I'm sure any warranty is now void.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks