1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pioneer Elite SC 65 alternatives

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by jeremy05, Jan 11, 2013.

1. jeremy05

jeremy05 Member

Hey everyone, I'm getting pretty close to saving up enough to get the SC65, just wondering if there are some alternates I may have overlooked. I would be buying it on Amazon for $1000. Right now its going to be powering a Definitive audios 8060 bipolar 5 speaker setup. I would like the option to add more speakers later. Anyone have any suggestions, and please include a few details such as I prefer this because it has more power, or extra inputs, or a better video processor. Would love some good inputs!!

2. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    You realize that your "bought on Amazon Elite" will have zero warranty...

3. jeremy05

jeremy05 Member

Still 600 bucks cheaper than best buy, add in 250 for their warranty and I could just buy another one.

4. schan1269

schan1269 HTF Expert
    HW Reviewer

Sam
    You have to read the fine print on warranties. I could "find" an SC65 to throw on Amazon(I've sold on Amazon before)... I "could" also link a warranty to it. Depending on the "verbage" to the warranty...it could be useless. Many "aftermarket" warranties require it to have a valid manufacturers warranty. Because the "aftermarket" doesn't take over till the manufacturers is over. And if the manufacturers is "invalid"...then so is the aftermarket.

5. jeremy05

jeremy05 Member

anyways I talked to best buy and they are price matching the speaker bundle and sc65. Yeah!

6. Brainwasher

Brainwasher Well-Known Member

Luke
    Nice job, a lot of people don't know how to make the big guy price compare.