What's new

Pioneer Elite 710 inputs (1 Viewer)

Unatec1

Auditioning
Real Name
David Clegg
I have had this TV for a number of years. Initially I had an RCA 100 receiver, which had a computer style output which matched the receivers best definition input. I now have a DirecTV receiver which is hooked up to the 710's component video input. My question is; is there an adapter of any kind that will take an HDMI output and deliver it to the 710's computer type input?

JoeLouie

Auditioning
Real Name
Chris Jean-Louis
What exactly do you mean by "computer style input"? Is it like a headphone jack?

Unatec1

Auditioning
Real Name
David Clegg
I cannot remember exactly what it is called, but it is like a printer port on an old computer. It produced a really good picture before the RCA HD receiver gave up the ghost. It is rectangular with about 14 connections.

Thomas Ballard

Auditioning
Hello, The connection is an RGB or D-Sub connection with a 15 pin connection like you would find on a computer monitor. I haven't seen an adapter that will convert HDMI to VGA except for the HD Fury http://www.hdfury.com/ There may be others out there as well, just not to my knowledge. Seems like a lot of money though...does your component video look that bad on the elite? Doesn't the component video on most HDTV's bypass the internal scaler? What do you have your DirecTV box output resolution set to? I know the old (and trusty) RCA DTC 100's output was set to 1080' via the VGA connection. I still have one and yes I know what you mean by saying that it was a nicer picture...

Unatec1

Auditioning
Real Name
David Clegg
Thak you for your help! I cannot find any pricing on the HD Fury site, but I have requested it.

I do get a decent picture with component video connections, but not as good as it was with the RCA and the RGB connection. I bought a Blue Ray DVD player, but I do not see the remarkable difference I expected. I do have a couple of 37" Flat panel TVs which have a clearer picture than the 710, but of course they are considerably smaller. I did have the 710 calibrated recently which helped, but I am not getting the wow factor that I used to.

It may be time to upgrade as the sheer size of the Box is crazy, but the 710 was a superior product at the time.

Thanks again.

Thomas Ballard

Auditioning
Too bad you don't have the 730, it had 2 DVI inputs and you could have used a HDMI to DVI cable and you would have been set. The Pioneer Elite series to me were some of, if not best rear projection televisions to hit the market (and I may get stoned) but I liked them better than the Mitsubishi Diamond and Sony XBR sets. Hope the HD Fury solves your issues and it brings you great viewing for more years to come.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks