What's new

Pioneer DV-F727 DV-F07 (1 Viewer)

Robert Ma

Second Unit
I am looking to purchase one of the Pioneer 300 DVD changers. Does anyone know the difference between them other than the rosewood panels? I can get the 727 for $540 and I cant find the F07 for less then $800 - $900.
Any thoughts?

Burke Strickland

Second Unit
The DACS on the Pioneer Elite DV-F07 are superior to the ones on the Pioneer DV-F727. (Reviewers have gushed over how great the DV-F07 sounds with CDs because of that -- as good as stand alone single-play CD players they have used which cost more.) If you have high quality external DACS and are planning to use the DVD player as a transport only (using the digital outs) then that wouldn't be as big a selling point.
However, the build quality seems to be better (more robust) on the Elite model as well, as I have read complaints numerous places about various mechanical problems with the 'F727, and not a peep about that kind of thing on the 'F07.
For full disclosure, I have owned and used a DV-F07 for over a year and couldn't be more pleased with its operation and performance. I had even considered getting another one, but decided other upgrades had higher priority. (Having used up all 300 slots, I've "made do" with swapping out seldom-accessed titles with more recent acquisitions.) :>)
Enjoy!
Burke
[Edited last by Burke Strickland on July 12, 2001 at 10:18 AM]

Robert Ma

Second Unit
Thanks for the input. I may consider getting the Marantz 300 DVD THX Ultra changer.
I wonder if it is any different than the F07

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks