What's new

Pioneer CD Player Problems (1 Viewer)

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
Hey Guys,

I have had a Pioneer CD player in my car for about 7 years or so and have never had a problem (don't know the model number). Anyway, the player will no longer accept a CD. Instead, whenever I try to insert a disc, the motor tries to push it back out. Very rarely, the player will take a disc and it works fine. However, if I force a disc in, then try to start my car, it just spits it right back out.

I've been listening to the same CD for about a month for fear of not being able to get another one back in if it's removed. Any suggestions? The car/CD are both too old to pay anyone to work on...let me know what you think.

Dave Bennett

Screenwriter
Are you a smoker by chance? My older brother, who despite persistant attempts to quit, is a smoker and has had this problem with two Kenwood CD players. When he would smoke in the car, ash and smoke would eventually mess up the laser. One of them was beyond repair(and was really cheap) so he replaced it with another. The other one started to do it so he just brought it to the place where he bought it and they cleaned it and realigned the laser since it was under warranty. Maybe try one of those dry cleaning kits(make sure it says that it's ok for cars first). Other than that, with it being as old as it is, maybe try taking it apart yourself and cleaning it. Either that or just drop the 150 bucks or so on a new player.

Rob_Pierce

Second Unit
I'm not a smoker, but my guess is that dust and stuff has just collected over the years. I think you're right about just getting a new player, but I hope to be getting a new car in the next few months anyway.

Alan Pummill

Screenwriter
Did this CD player come with the car or is it an after-market CD player?

Seven years is probably the life span of a CD player that has been used regularly.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks