What's new

pioneer 1014 craped out (1 Viewer)

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
That's good to hear Steve. Hopefully that indicates the issue doesn't affect the entire run of receivers.

lee ison

Stunt Coordinator
I had my receiver hooked-up to a 30.00 ups and went thru 3 poweroutages in two weeks ,no problem, now I don't know if it worked or was it because my rec.wasn't defective but I won't be unplugging from the UPS anytime soon even though it only provides 4 min. of back-up power

David Giles

Stunt Coordinator
Any updates on this? I bought a 1014 back in January (if I remember correctly) and it went dead shortly thereafter, with MCACC blinking. Took it to the repair center and they had it working a week later (did it under warranty because it was so new). Well this afternoon the power went out briefly and it's doing it AGAIN!!. I've got a fairly expensive surge suppressor and it is fine, and all the other equipment connected to it is fine.

Anybody figure out the reset yet?

David Giles

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Sorry it happened to you twice David-- that sucks.

The more I think about it, I'm not real thrilled about getting a 1014 back from Pioneer, new or refurb. Yeah, It'll be nice to have a receiver again, but I'll be paranoid just waiting for the next power outage.

JoeyR

Second Unit
Real Name
Joey
Anyway or any ideas we can track a run to see why some are going out and some arent?

We lost power hear today, my 1014 was running, electricity came on and I turned it right back on, everything okay, I purchased it probably about 4 months ago.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Question? Could I use a cheap battery back-up made for computers(APC BU350 ES) or would the output be the wrong type(design for somputers not home theatre)?

YEP I've got a 1014, got it on boxing day, had at least 1 outage I can remember, not long enough to turn my projector off, and the Pioneer was fine.

Luckily I put mine on my Mastercard so I've got the extra warranty, 3 years instead of 2.

Brent

EvanW

Stunt Coordinator
Dose the elite 54TX have different internals because if it dose ill probably by one of those, or get a HK otherwise.

EvanW

Stunt Coordinator
it may have just been some models, but some is to many and i dont wanna take any chance, i did have the power blink twice before and it was still working but both times it didnt turn off anything besides the stove clock.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
The reports of people losing power and their 1014s still ticking is encouraging. Hopefully my replacement doesn't have the issue. I'll be paranoid, though, until the first power loss.

No word from Pioneer yet. I'm half expecting not to hear from them and just come home to the surprise of a receiver on my porch.

EvanW

Stunt Coordinator
i think the place i sent mine to took a vacation, they dont awnser the phone unless they wont anwser because of me.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Well, since I called Pioneer directly, I'm no longer dealing with the service center. That's a good thing too, because they are slower than a 7 year itch.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Well, today was the 10th business day since I spoke to them on June 29. I was supposed to hear from them by now.

I may give them a call tomorrow and see what's up. I'm almost beyond being angry now and am just tired of the whole process.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Well, here's the resolution guys. The wait is just about over for me.

Pioneer shipped out a new 1014 receiver for me a little over a week ago. I've got the tracking number and I should have it in the next few days. I would have had it already, but it got delayed in transit by a late train according to the tracking website.

In addition to sending me a brand new unit (instead of a refurb), Pioneer was kind enough to ship it directly to me. They are supposed to ship directly to the service center then the customer is supposed to pick it up there. But since I am 50 miles from the service center I took my 1014 to, they agreed to ship it to my house.

So although it's been a long process (since May 14), it's almost over. :)

Doug:M

Auditioning
seems that there is a code, though i don't know what it is. i took my receiver in to be repaired after it started flashing after a power outage. i told the guy that there was a thread about this problem with 1014's, and asked him to talk to Pioneer about a code. he said he had never heard of any codes, heh.

anyways... i dropped the receiver off on a late Friday morning. the following Monday(only 3 days), the shop called and said it was fixed. i was told that they tried the code but it didn't work on my receiver. they had to replace the main board.

now i ask you this... how is it possible for an electronics repair shop that doesn't work on Sundays able to diagnose, order parts and install them in 2.5 days? does this seem feasible to the rest of you guys? not me. i think they tried the code and it worked. they probably just billed Pioneer for a main board install.

i'm putting this receiver on a backup battery supply that i currently am using for my kid's computer. oddly enough, that computer had gone through many power outages while not being on a backup supply with never a problem. i find it quite stupid that a computer which has more sensitve electronic parts inside was for 3 years able to withstand many outages, while this damn receiver couldn't even last 4 months before it took a dump. pathetic.

good luck to the rest of you guys. hope you get your equipment back soon. if someone from Florida is reading this thread and needs to have their 1014 repaired due to a blinking MCACC light after a power outage, take it to TVCR in West Palm Beach Florida if that is close enough for you. they are located on the corner of Sansbury Way and Okeechobee Blvd. apparently, they now know how to fix this problem very quickly. :)

lee ison

Stunt Coordinator
Yeah it sounds like they know the code , but by telling you they don't and of course stopping you from posting it here, keeps repairs coming into their shop, could be?.After so many people are having this problem you would think Pioneer would address this in a public forum(here would be good). It can only deter people from buying Pioneer if this problem is not addressed. many more people read this forum and others than just those having the problem, I'm sure it will weigh heavily in their purchase decision now and in the future .I know it will with me even though my last 3 A/v purchases were Pioneer( 2 rec.&1 dvd player). nothing worse for business as a bad rep..

James Phung

Second Unit

This sounds reasonable to me. Do you guys not accept that? Would you rather know the code, put it in possibly damaging your reciever some more? Or just take it to the service, center, let them check it and get it fixed? I'll take the 2nd option.

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan

I don't think it's the fact that the 'protection' is there that is the problem. The problem is the relative ease with which the receiver goes into this mode.

I suppose you'd like it if all of the electronic device in your home easily entered a mode like this that required you to visit a service center. Now wouldn't that be special?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks