What's new

Pinocchio Blu Ray replacement disc for missing lines of dialogue? (1 Viewer)

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
^ The one I got is uncorrected. It came without the slipcover, as often happens with newer stock of "older" Disney titles, so I was hoping...

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks for checking so quickly, Craig.

I have the sense that something is amiss with these unsubstantiated reports. Like I said earlier, I haven't even heard Disney admit that there's any problem with the release...let alone that it is getting fixed.

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
i have been checking every resource that i could and haven't seen anything on a replacement disc as of yet, if i can find the time i will call Disney this week and inquire as if a replacement is in the works, and let you know what i find out

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Ernest has posted that he was basing his posts on posts at ultimatedisney.com and that those posts now appear to be false. Looks like this particular hope has been buried for now.

Brian Borst

Screenwriter
I still don't understand why Disney hasn't taken care of this issue. They must be aware of the problem by now, and the UK version doesn't have the problem, making a new master really simple.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Originally Posted by Brian Borst

I still don't understand why Disney hasn't taken care of this issue. They must be aware of the problem by now, and the UK version doesn't have the problem, making a new master really simple.

I'm surprised too. Disney was surprisingly good about correcting faulty DVDs in the Treasures and Legacy series, as well as the last season of The Golden Girls. Why they haven't acknowledged the problem for one of their key Whatever-Precious-Metal-They're-Calling-It-This-Time-Around Edition titles is beyond me.

Reagan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reagan
Originally Posted by kevin_y says this is going out of print in March 2011 so the audio problem will likely not be fixed.

Yup, we'll have to rebuy it in six years when it is re-released (assuming blu ray is still around then) in a new and improved version - for which the only improvements will be these fixes.

-R

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
On the copy I just got today from Amazon, both "Right!" and "Look out, Pinoke!" are there on both the 7.1 and mono tracks. "Look out!" is mixed in with sound fx of the clattering cans, so it doesn't stand out as much, but it's there.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
On the copy I just got today from Amazon, both "Right!" and "Look out, Pinoke!" are there on both the 7.1 and mono tracks. "Look out!" is mixed in with sound fx of the clattering cans, so it doesn't stand out as much, but it's there.

What?!?!?!?

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
Originally Posted by Mike Frezon

What?!?!?!?

I wasn't going to watch the whole film, but the Blu-Ray was so gorgeous (plus I just had a new lamp put in my projector) I just couldn't stop. I wasn't thinking about the missing dialog I'd read about in the threads here, but as soon as I heard "Right!" I said to myself, "Wait a minute, wait a minute..." and played it back on both tracks. I paused the disc, then checked the threads again, which reminded me of "Look out!" so I then un-paused, listening for it, and there it was too.

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
Originally Posted by Eric Scott Richard

Paul, when did you buy your copy? It is Region A? If so, then I am calling Disney

It's region A. Ordered it Dec. 4, shipped Dec. 6, received today, Dec. 8. I notice it's dropped another dollar since (now $21.99), and you can still get an extra $5 off on both if you combine it with a Bambi pre-order (which I did).

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
BTW, both bits are still missing on both English tracks of the included DVD version.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Now it's going to be a matter to see if there's any difference in the packaging with the wrong and the corrected versions...unless, of course, Disney will explain it to us.

Then, it'll be a matter to see if they 'fess up to having released a fixed version and will issue replacement discs to those who want them.

Reagan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Reagan
Originally Posted by Paul Penna

What about the color on Pinocchio during his "no strings on me" part? Does it stay the same now? If I recall correctly, the yellow clothes on him turned white when the spotlight was on him.

-R

Paul Penna

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul
Originally Posted by Reagan

What about the color on Pinocchio during his "no strings on me" part? Does it stay the same now? If I recall correctly, the yellow clothes on him turned white when the spotlight was on him.

[/QUOTE]

That anomaly is still there. I have to wonder if I would have noticed if I hadn't read about it here; it's not one of those glaring "Woah, what happened there?" things. To me it's an interesting question about how it occurred, but purely in an abstract sense. S**t happens.

kevin_y

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Paul, if you have a blu-ray drive on your computer, can you pop in your disc and tell us the date of the .M2TS files on the disc? That would be the date the error was fixed, which should be a recent date.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks