What's new

Pink Floyd said to reunite for Live 8....Really! (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
MTV - get to watch your favorite VJs talk incessantly over the music! Woo-hoo!

Will be waiting for the DVD(s) to come out.

MTV: :thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Chuck Stephens

Stunt Coordinator
Couldn't agree more about how AWFUL the MTV/Vh1 coverage has been. Thank god for the internet coverage. Although the window is fairly small the audio is pretty good and you can select whichever feed you want to see. :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

The TV coverage in the US has been abysmal so far and I hope that the ABC coverage tonight has full song highlights from the day. The NetAid event back in '99 (anybody remember that?) was covered better by VH1.

AaronMg

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I guess Im fortunate enough to say that up here in Canada the coverage is pretty solid. No cut offs. Infact, they just finished playing through deep purples set a short time ago. It was great!

CraigL

Screenwriter
The UK gets it best. The UK performances from 1pm to 9pm. Philadelphia from 9pm to 3am.

Runar_R

Second Unit
I guess we're lucky in Norway as well. Complete feed, no talking heads at all.
And the show's been great so far!
:emoji_thumbsup:
Madonna was probably my highlight so far. Not only did she do a great performance, with total control of the audience, but she came straight after that original "live aid" video with the "drive" soundtrack. Man, that always gives me a lump in my throat. And when the girl from the video came out on the stage..... wow.... Talk about emotional.

Lowpoint.... I have to say Celine Dion. Now, I'm not the biggest Dion-fan (or the biggest Dion-hater for that matter), but who thought it was a good idea to bring her into this show LIVE FROM VEGAS?!?! jeez......
(Also, one of my personal favourites a-ha did a horrible performance in Berlin...... oh well)

Ryan L. Bisasky

Second Unit
also, mtv/vh1 are on network tv, and probalby have to play it on a 5 second delay.
hope mtv shows floyd, if not, i'll be really pissed.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
MTV really surprised me here. Their PF showing is great so far! They didn't even censor the "bullshit" in Money!

So: :emoji_thumbsup: for PF. :thumbsdown: for the rest of the coverage.

Jeff B.

Stunt Coordinator
Well. I was ready to give praises for uncut FLoyd... Then they cut during Comfortably Numb. Mother Fuckers.

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR... they just HAD to interrupt Comfortably Numb!!! The MTV/VH-1 coverage of this event is just horrible. I can see cutting out entire songs but talking over them is downright annoying.

I seriously hope an uncut DVD of Pink Floyd's performance is released soon.

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
After it was over, all 4 gathered together with their arms around each other.

~T

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I guess I spoke to soon! Those MTV peckerheads interrupted right in the middle of the solo in Comfortably Numb. I revoke all I previously said about MTVs Pink Floyd coverage.

I should have known that MTV would screw it up in the end. Oh, and I love how they didn't even interrupt Linkin Park and Jay-Z, but of course interrupted the veterans. :rolleyes

Dan B

Screenwriter
MTV's coverage was a disgrace. They came in on the end of Pete & Rog's first song & cut off before the end of their second & last song...yeah, why not stop right before the climax of Won't Get Fooled Again, that's a good idea. :angry:
Completely idiotic.

:emoji_thumbsup: to Pete & Rog & Dave & Rog.

Luckily, the internet streams were available & the DVDs will be out much sooner this time.

Jeff Brooks

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Brooks
Some bimbo jumps in and starts talking right in the middle of "Comfortably Numb"-unbelievable. AOL.com has somewhat uninterrupted coverage. MTV sucks.

Jeff B.

Stunt Coordinator
The uninterrupted parts I did hear were simply awesome. I guess I'll have to wait for the dvd. Does mtv have a fucking clue about ANYTHING?

Philip_T

Supporting Actor
VH1 YOU SUCK! Cutting away from Pink Floyd during the climax and then cutting in to Sir Paul already in progress. I think I'll watch some baseball now and wait for the DVD.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I guess I spoke to soon! Those MTV peckerheads interrupted right in the middle of the solo in Comfortably Numb. I revoke all I previously said about MTVs Pink Floyd coverage.

I should have known that MTV would screw it up in the end. Oh, and I love how they didn't even interrupt Linkin Park and Jay-Z, but of course interrupted Floyd and McCartney. :rolleyes

Oh well, I guess I'll have to look for the BBC's broadcast on bittorrent or try to check out AOL's site when I get back home to broadband.

At least the band sounded really good. Roger and David appeared to be getting along extremely well, which is a great thing. Possible new album/tour anyone? ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks