What's new

Pink Floyd Remasters (including high-res Blu-ray Audio AND WYWH on SACD) - FINALLY! (1 Viewer)

Craig S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig Seanor
Originally Posted by Gary Seven /t/311324/pink-floyd-remasters-including-high-res-blu-ray-audio-and-wywh-on-sacd-finally/30#post_3868874
I just ordered this.. expensive but what are you going to do? I was told only 10000 are being pressed with over 6000 orders already done. Looking forward to this. Apparently exclusive to Acoustic Sounds.
It's also available from Elusive Disc, who shipped mine yesterday (apparently using the UPS Extra Slow service, as it's not due to arrive until Tuesday). Really looking forward to it - I like WYWH even more than DSotM.

EricSchulz

Senior HTF Member
Any word on why they are skipping the AMAZING (and I think pretty underrated) "Animals"? LOVE that album and would love to hear some of the rarities from that era...

KevinJ

Supporting Actor
They'll probably get around to Animals once they see how well the 1st 3 boxed sets sell.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by EricSchulz /t/311324/pink-floyd-remasters-including-high-res-blu-ray-audio-and-wywh-on-sacd-finally/60#post_3869764
Any word on why they are skipping the AMAZING (and I think pretty underrated) "Animals"? LOVE that album and would love to hear some of the rarities from that era...
I would imagine they are addressing the big 3 first.

Mikael Soderholm

Screenwriter
Real Name
Mikael Söderholm
It arrived today, pretty fast shipping for regular mail. Apparently I was also eligible for a new customer discount (Thank you Elusive), so the total cost with shipping to Sweden came to $40, not too bad.
A beautiful package in the shape of a booklet/digipack with some postcards etc. Haven't had time to listen yet, but just looking at it makes me happy :)

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Mikael Soderholm /t/311324/pink-floyd-remasters-including-high-res-blu-ray-audio-and-wywh-on-sacd-finally/60#post_3870364
It arrived today, pretty fast shipping for regular mail. Apparently I was also eligible for a new customer discount (Thank you Elusive), so the total cost with shipping to Sweden came to $40, not too bad.
A beautiful package in the shape of a booklet/digipack with some postcards etc. Haven't had time to listen yet, but just looking at it makes me happy

Very nice! I've seen some pics of the package and it looks really nice. I'm thinking about ordering another one for sale at a later date.

Blair G

Second Unit
Real Name
Blair G.
Gary Seven said:
I just ordered this.. expensive but what are you going to do?  I was told only 10000 are being pressed with over 6000 orders already done.  Looking forward to this.  Apparently exclusive to Acoustic Sounds.
When I spoke with Acoustic Sounds yesterday they confirmed the press run was 10,000.
Though the guy I spoke to wasn't sure, he acknowledged it doesn't necessarily mean it's limited to that number.
There could be a second press run if necessary.
I would think Analogue Productions would press as many as they could sell (more $$ for them) assuming there is no limitation in the license with EMI.

Blair G

Second Unit
Real Name
Blair G.
Craig S said:
It's also available from Elusive Disc, who shipped mine yesterday (apparently using the UPS Extra Slow service, as it's not due to arrive until Tuesday). Really looking forward to it - I like WYWH even more than DSotM.
Just placed an order with ED last week.
Wish I'd known they'd get their hands on it this quickly. Would have added WYWH to the order.
It usually takes awhile for AP titles to filter their way down to the other suppliers

mike caronia

Second Unit
I received my SACD copy of WYWH Monday from Elusive disc.
Sat down to give it a proper listen last night.
It's a really good immersive listening experience, IMHO...even if I did not play at reference levels (damn co-op living)..
When are we getting Animals in multi-channel? Ever?

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
It does sound sweet and immersive. I'm addicted to these types of recordings but unfortunately, the only one I don't have and I'm interested in is Brothers in Arms. After that, there is not much there for me.

I hope they release Meddle, Animals and the Wall in SACD. That would cover enough Floyd for me.

keithling

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keith Ling
The WYWH SACD is indeed a beautiful package. The 5.1 mix is fantastic. It's not obsessive with panning or discrete effects. It allows the music to fully wash all over. The bass is full and warm. To compare it to the DSOTM 5.1, I'd have to say the DSOTM is the gourmet meal, and WYWH is the cocktails, wine and apertif. Well worth 35.00.

Ron Reda

Senior HTF Member
Gary Seven said:
/t/311324/pink-floyd-remasters-including-high-res-blu-ray-audio-and-wywh-on-sacd-finally/60#post_3871268
The WYWH SACD is indeed a beautiful package. The 5.1 mix is fantastic. It's not obsessive with panning or discrete effects. It allows the music to fully wash all over. The bass is full and warm. To compare it to the DSOTM 5.1, I'd have to say the DSOTM is the gourmet meal, and WYWH is the cocktails, wine and apertif. Well worth 35.00.
It is beautiful and it is fantastic but i don't agree about the panning or discrete effects...IMO, "Welcome To The Machine" has both in spades. In fact, I'll go as far as to say they are somewhat jarring and took me out of the music at times. That being said, it's a minor complaint seeing as how we waited so long for this SACD.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
I've been scouring the net but haven't found a definitive answer:
Does anyone know how the WYWH SACD compares with the Blu-Ray mix on the new WYWH Immersion Edition? I have the DSOTM SACD which allowed me to skip the Immersion Edition, and I'm wondering if buying the WYWH SACD would be comparable to the lossless experience on the BD on the Immersion Edition of WYWH.
Thanks!

Gary Seven

Grand Poo Pah
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Gaston
A glowing endorsement for BiA... it is now on my "get" list. Thanks.

I haven't heard anything from the Immersion set so I cannot comment. However, if you are interested in all the different cuts of WYWH, then get the immersion as I'm sure the BR is quite good. If not, get the SACD.

CaseyL

Supporting Actor
I finally got a chance to sit down and listen to the entire WYWH SACD last week. It was phenomenal. Not quite as in-your-face as the DSOTM SACD, it is, I feel a cleaner version. The use of multi-channel was excellent. If you're not listening in multi-channel, the two channel SACD layer is also excellent, offering a very wide sound stage and overall excellent quality. I'm very happy I got this disc.

Michael Osadciw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Osadciw
Any news of further Immersion box sets? I'm looking forward to early stuff just to have better quality than all of the bootlegs I have!!

keithling

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Keith Ling
Carlo Medina said:
I've been scouring the net but haven't found a definitive answer:
Does anyone know how the WYWH SACD compares with the Blu-Ray mix on the new WYWH Immersion Edition? I have the DSOTM SACD which allowed me to skip the Immersion Edition, and I'm wondering if buying the WYWH SACD would be comparable to the lossless experience on the BD on the Immersion Edition of WYWH.
Thanks!
They're the same mix. SACDs have the capability of sounding better than DTS-HD Master Audio. The question on this recording is whether you will honestly be able to tell the difference. I have the SACD and am astonished at the sound quality. That does you no good, however if you don't have a SACD player.
I have seen the Blu Ray discs from the immersion box sets being sold separately (taken out of the set) for about the same price or slightly less than the SACD. Of course, you just get the disc, usually in a spare jewel case. You won't get the gorgeous packaging of the SACD.

KellyLynn

Auditioning
Real Name
Kelly
my dad is such as massive Pink Floyd fan that he has not one, but three PF tattoos.
two of which are the exact same
but different in size and location...
It makes it pretty easy to get him gifts, as his Pink Floyd collection is ever revolving.
Its due to him that I know every word to every B side or rarity they have ever recorded and though as a kid i found it annoying, i smile any time i hear PF now
does anyone know any good places to order Pink Floyd Shirts in size 2XL or larger?
I am trying to replace all of the shirts that have become too small for him (which he is unfortunately still wearing)
I found a few good ones here http://www.rockworldeast.com/License/Pink_Floyd/pProd/all
but would to be able to get him as many as i can
thanks for your help!
K.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks