What's new

Pink Floyd "Pulse" (1 Viewer)

Aaron Thorne

Stunt Coordinator
Would this release be full frame or widescreen?

LPCM (24/48), DD, or DTS?

Thanks.
It's most likely that is was filmed 4:3 so I am guessing full frame. As for the audio tracks, hopefully we get all three like the latest Zeppelin DVD. That DTS track f'n rocks!

Ian Such

Stunt Coordinator
There is no mention of a DTS track in the EMI press release, however it does mention two specific DD 5.1 tracks, one at 448kbps, the other at 640kbps.

Steve Simm

Stunt Coordinator
I too saw the show in Raleigh in 1994. It was awsome. We were down on the field, I'd guess 30-40 yards from the stage right beside their equipment where they had the mirrored ball and other similar stuff. Seeing that ball open up and reflect lights all over the audience was incredible. I am looking forward to this release.

David Noll

Stunt Coordinator
If I can remember that far back, I saw them at Giants Stadium (Meadowlands Arena?) and the entire DSOTM was played.

Truely Awsome Experience!

Dave

Michael Osadciw

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael Osadciw
my blinking light on my PULSE cd is long dead...it would be cool to have it on the DVD too.

I have vivid memories of that concert in '94. I was only a teenager then...I actually wrote it in a journal, and I'm glad I did because I was into descriptive writing at the time...long live the memory...

I hope the 5.1 audio on this new PULSE DVD is not a hack job. It would be great to know that time and effort was spent on it to make it one of the best concert experiences available on DVD.

The second 5.1 track, at 640kbps, isn't that the rate for Dolby Digital Plus? I also think that is the max most currend DD decoders can handle. ...strange there would be two for DD...unless it's a mix without the sounds of the crowd...

Mike

Ian Such

Stunt Coordinator
I gather that one of the reasons that Pulse has been delayed so long is that they wanted everything to be top-notch, from the remastered 5.1 sound, to the menus and through to the supplementary material.

Paul Boyle

Stunt Coordinator
I hope the 5.1 audio on this new PULSE DVD is not a hack job. It would be great to know that time and effort was spent on it to make it one of the best concert experiences available on DVDI hope the 5.1 audio on this new PULSE DVD is not a hack job. It would be great to know that time and effort was spent on it to make it one of the best concert experiences available on DVD
James Guthrie who produced the surround sound mix of DSOTM also produced the sound on the Pulse DVD so you can expect the sound to be of the highest quality! Looking at the DVD spec this is going to be an awesome release & well worth the wait!
Paul ;)

Gordon Wakim

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Gordon
I am finally glad to see that this is going to finally be released, defiantly worth the wait. Now does anybody know if Delicate Sound Of Thunder will ever be released ?, and possibly La Carrera Panamericana ?

Ian Such

Stunt Coordinator
Now does anybody know if Delicate Sound Of Thunder will ever be released ?
When stories began to emerge of Pulse being mastered for a dvd release a few years ago (yep - it's been on the go that long), I seem to recall that someone had indicated that Delicate Sound of Thunder would be the next project after Pulse (sorry, that's all that I can remember).

Jeff D Han

Supporting Actor
Terrific news about Pulse finally coming out!:D :emoji_thumbsup:
I used to have the laserdisc, but it was ruined and I
couldn't get a replacement for it at the time because
it went out of print. This is my favorite concert video.

andrew markworthy

Senior HTF Member
Believe me, I'll be the first in the queue for this one, but I'll only believe it when all the major retailers start advertising it. We've had way too many false dawns re: Pink Floyd's output. I think there's only Kraftwerk who can match this record (e.g. where's the Minimum-Maximum DVD that should be out by now?).

Now does anybody know if Delicate Sound Of Thunder will ever be released ?
Much as I'd like to see it (I saw the Manchester concert of the tour) I'd sooner have the video of the stage performance of The Wall.

Ian Such

Stunt Coordinator
Oi, just wait your turn in the queue - I was there before you ;)
Well, although I share your concern about the numerous false dawns for Pulse on dvd, the fact that EMI issues apress release is really encouraging (but I too will only believe it once the likes of play.com list it).
And I would really like to see the concert footage of The Wall on dvd (even if some has been lost and it's not the full concert).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks