Pining for Scooterpalooza =( (1 Viewer)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Scoot, any chance of one this year?

I repeat my offer from last year, if Scooter will not hold a Scooterpalooza, I am willing to hold a similar event in June through September where we get together in central NJ at my firehouses AWESOME picnic grove, and will break out my PJ and we can do movies on a giant white screen on our baseball field.

I'd MUCH rather a scooterpalooza, but is there interest if that cant happen?

Sam

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Sam, I am interested.

You may want to sent a few PMs, folks don't visit this area very often. Or put a link to the thread in your sig. Better yet, plug the thread into one of your reviews :D.

--
H

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Will have to give that some thought, doesnt look like Scooterpalooza is a go. How does mid june or early september sound? July and August are jammed for me and it would probably be too hot then anyway )

Sam

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Nice to see this forum isn't just for Austin anymore. :) I'll definitely consider making the trip if something happens.

Dave Hahn

Premium
Real Name
Dave Hahn
Count me in! I'd be willing to help with anything needed. I have nothing but fond memories of Scooter's hospitality and all the fun we had at Scooterpaloozas over the years.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Hey Dave, good to see ya still kicking.

OK, lets make it semi-official and see where it goes!

I will host a HTF get together on Saturday June 17th, from 3:30 till the movies are done. Will bring my projector and DVD player and hope we can find someone to bring a receiver and 5.1 speakers, will do a white sheet screen on a a baseball backstop unless we can find someone to make something more suitable.

What: NY/NJ/PA area HTF Barbecue!
When: Saturday June 17, 3:30 till after dark
Where: Navesink Firehouse picnic grove and ball field.

Why: Cause Scooter taught us how but he sadly hasnt had the chance to in far too long!
What to bring: Your own alchohol, an entree or covered dish to share, folding seats, an apetite and a sense of comraderie.

Open to all suggestions and changes, locking in the date with our trusties on thursday. But if we never set a date it will never happen, so lets do it!

Sam

Scooter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scooter
I'll bring the Milwakee's Best! ;)

Ron and I had a brief email exchange about a get together this year. I retired ScooterPalooza coincidently with Lollapalooza and am in the planning stages of something REALLY big! Once I have it settled in my head and all, I will reach out to Ron. As many of you know, these last few years have been....tough!

Anyhow....I am in on your shindig there Sam!

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
WOOT Awesome. Lets keep the planning going in the official thread tho ok?

The reservation is in and paid for (I get most of it back if we dont trash the place, and since I cant drink there is no chance of THAT happening) so this is a definite go and hope we get a lot of support.

Should be a blast!

Sam

Users who are viewing this thread