What's new

Pictures of Cinemax ,my new theater! (1 Viewer)

RyanL

Stunt Coordinator
Looks awesome, especially love the fiber optic ceiling!
icon14.gif
icon14.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif
star.gif

------------------
Paradigm Monitor 90P's
Paradigm Reference CC-450
Paradigm Titans
Aura Bass Shakers (2)
Marantz 1550
Aiwa 8" Sub
JVC RX-884vbk (reciever)
JVC XV-501bk (DVD player)
Sharp Hi-Fi VCR
Sony 27V20 27" Trinitron TV

Craig Lorden

Auditioning
If you dont mind me asking, about how much does everything cost, not inclucing the equipment, just the room, lights, seats and everything else

John-D

Stunt Coordinator
Great Room!
I havent got a real screen yet, just a big bed-sheet. I dont know what to buy? What would you do?
Sometimes makeshift screens do perfectly well. Consider painting it Grey. It works wonders for most digital projectors and gives much better blacks.
Also visit this Screens Forum for some great suggestions on DIY screens that are inexpensive and work just as good as expensive brand name screens.
Good Luck
------------------
The things we own end up owning us

Henry Carmona

Screenwriter
Real Name
Henry Carmona
Jens, WOW!!
Beautiful man!
I was about to say "Party at Jens!!"
But then i saw that you live in Sweden, and thats a bit too far for me :).
------------------
RobertD.jpg
"Charlie don't surf."

Jens Raethel

Second Unit
Real Name
Jens
Gregg:
I bought a "kit" with 95 "stars" the brand is Philips.
It costed about 400$
The setup was not that hard, but took eight hours.
Since the fibers in my kit were only 2,5 meters, I had to put the projector in the middle of the ceiling and let the fibers stretch from there to every spot I wanted to in the ceiling.
The projector uses a simple low woltage halogen 50 watt lamp.
I carefully tacked the fibers to the ceiling were I wanted them, then I "sprayed" the sound-absorbing Gypsum over it!
------------------
Go see my new theater!
http://cine-max.tripod.com/cinemax/

Tim Kline

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Tim Kline
Wow that looks great!
Did you know that Cinemax is also the name of a cable-tv movie channel here in the US? :)
------------------
Tim Kline
HT Newbie Extraordinaire!
[email protected]
Link Removed
My DVD List
Link Removed

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
A home made gray 1.78:1 screen with adjustable black velvet masking may be a great start.
However, I think there's a consensus that Stewart FilmScreen makes about the best pre-made screen out there and has great customer service. If you can afford the price of admission, it's a lot better than Da-lite or some of the other low cost solutions.
They also have motorized velvet masking systems too for different aspect ratios. Once you mask off the black letterboxed bands, the widescreen picture looks so much better.
For your size of room, I'd still go with a 1.78:1 ratio. There are ways of doing a 2.40:1 ratio screen, but then in your room it would not have much screen height and you'd need special anamorphic lenses and a video scaler or home theater PC that can adjust the picture for different ratios.
Dan

Jeff Bamberger

Second Unit
Wow! Great work Jens!!!
Makes me extremely jealous, which I will be until I move to another house with a space I could build (years away), and get some more $$ (years away).
Oh well, for now I'll be happy with my family room as it is and will bank your room in my memory for the day things change......
Truly love this room!!!!

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
DAMN! Very impressive.
Congratulations dude. You have got one of the nicest theaters I've seen.
One thing though. Whenever you get a chance, try to take better pictures. I don't know if it's my machine but most of the pics looked very dark and very little detail could be seen.
PS: Get ready to be sued by the premium channel CINEMAX,
wink.gif

------------------
Andres
http://members.aol.com/coolvirus/

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Goddamn! That is fantastic - congratulations. I have some questions...
  • The design of the sidewalls is very unique. Was the staggered orientation developed for acoustic or aesthetic purposes (or both). It would seem that the benefit would be largely geared towards the former as it eliminates parallel reflective surfaces.
  • Could you provide more details on the custom cup holders for the recliners (and how they're lit)? Some additional pics (e-mail them direct to me if you prefer) would be welcome.
  • Could you elaborate further on the "sound absorbing gypsum" used for the ceiling?
  • What are the dimensions on the blueprint (for the theater proper and snackbar area)?
Again, great job!
------------------
--Jay
"No one can hear when you're screaming in digital."
My Home Theatre Pictures...
"You're no mesiah. You're, you're a movie of the week. You're a ... t-shirt, at best."

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Jens,
icon14.gif
icon14.gif

Congratulations.
------------------
RAF
[Demented Video Dude since 1997]
[Computer Maven since 1956]
["PITA" since 1942]
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks