1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pic of my flexi-rack

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dan Wolfgang, Jan 28, 2001.

1. Dan Wolfgang

Dan Wolfgang New Member

[​IMG]
    I actually finished it in November, but never got around to posting this.
    It stands four foot tall in the front, 4' 8" in the rear. It's obviously notably larger than I need, but I can easily add an extra shelf or two when the need arises. It's also more full now, with a cable box and some stuff on the top shelves.
    The top shelf and the mini-shelf above that are for the "spousal acceptance factor." Is that mini-shelf a cool idea or what? The mini-shelf is 8" wide. It was leftover from cutting the other shelves. It's centered on the all-thread, meaning it hangs a bit further back than the large shelves.
    Dan

2. Loring

Loring Well-Known Member

Very nice. Love the extra shelf.
    Been considering building my own flexi for my equipment but haven't gotten around to it yet, might in the next few months.
    Enjoy your flexi.
    ------------------
    Happy Viewing [​IMG]
    ~Loring
    lestat@cpl.net
    "Ye do not meddle in thee affairs of thy dragon, for thou art crunchy and taste good with thy katchup"

3. Jon_B

Jon_B Well-Known Member

Nicely done. I can't see enough pics of "flexy" racks. Hopefully when it warms up here(most likely April), I'll be able to finish painting my flexy and post it here. Thanks for sharing.
    Jon

4. Mike Boniferro

Mike Boniferro Well-Known Member

Nice looking rack... that extra shelf at the top is a very cool idea! [​IMG]
    What did you use for your shelves? Is it just painted MDF? I can't tell from the pics.
    I hope to have pics of my flexy's some time this week. I've been using them for about a month now, but am just now finally cutting off the extra all thread rod at the top! [​IMG]

5. Ron-P

Ron-P Well-Known Member

Ron
    I never thought I'd say this to a guy.....but Nice Rack Dan
    Peace Out~ [​IMG]
    ------------------
    [​IMG]
    The Green Room

6. Dan Wolfgang

Dan Wolfgang New Member

Yes, it's MDF with white primer on it. I was going to paint it some other color after the primer was on, but I liked the plain white look.
    Dan

7. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Well-Known Member

Beautiful rack, thanks for sharing!
    ------------------
    Philip Hamm
    AIM: PhilBiker