What's new

Photos from the Atlanta Zoo (1 Viewer)

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
Very nice, Patrick. I like the panda shots especially.

Just to share, here are a few shots from a trip we made to the Toledo Zoo this summer. The zoo does not have as large a variety of animals as some larger zoos, but it's a very pleasant atmosphere.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
Sweet, you saw polar bears. Nice shots.

I'm starting to hate my old Canon S2, it's a decent long-range Point-n-Shoot, but I would like to get more control of shots than it offers (like DoF shots). Plus, I wasn't able to take time between shots as I was on-the-go trying to keep up with my friends and their fast-walking 2-year old.

I still need to upload some shots I took at the Georgia Aquarium from last month as well. Most of those shots look like ass, though.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I will probably post a collection of photos as to why I can't afford a DSLR at this time (mainly all of the durable goods I've replace this year). :D

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield

Aquariums can be tough, especially with a point & shoot. The aquarium pictures I took in my link above needed a very wide aperture, since I didn't want to use a flash (glare from glass). I wish my camera had an ISO 3200 setting, but the Rebel XT only goes to 1600. Maybe my next dSLR. :)

While we're still on the subject, here are a few shots from Cindy Lou's Zoo in Roscommon, Michigan. It is a small, privately owned zoo at the end of the road where my parents live. We stopped in during a visit to my parents in the summer of 2006. The owners are very nice people who always wanted to own and run their own zoo.

Users who are viewing this thread