What's new

Phonebooth postponed? (1 Viewer)

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Not to mention the fact that Moore's film 100% addresses the gun law situation that might be a big reason that this sniper thing has even been able to occur. I won't debate the politics of the gun laws either way here.
But I doubt anyone disturbed by the recent tragedies is going to be resentful of a documentary film discussing gun laws in the US, especially from a anti-gun standpoint. (if I understand the film's content correctly)
In fact I expect that BfC would benefit from it without trying to do so. I think that's a good thing anyway since Moore is an excellent filmmaker who really puts his full effort into the subjects he investigates while still maintaining a good deal of artistic aesthetics that set his work apart from "average" documentary filmmakers.
It would certainly seem that his point that the subject needs to be talked about is a valid one.

Tim Raffey

Stunt Coordinator
If it were a good movie dealing with a psychopath who owns a rifle, they should release it on the 15th, and show it to as many people beforehand as possible.

Too bad good movies don't get made by commitees.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Fox are responsible for Fox delaying Phone Booth, no-one else.

Financially and ethically, its the most sensible thing to do, even if the link is tenuous. The morons who think that The Two Towers is being done to wind up Americans are trying to take the credit for something they have no involvement in.

Iain Lambert

Screenwriter
Its irrelevant to this discussion, but having seen that website I can't avoid commenting on this:

We believe that Peter Jackson and New Line Cinema's actions are in fact hate speech. The movie is intentionally being named The Two Towers in order to capitalize on the tragedy of September 11. Clearly, you cannot deny the fact that this falls under hate speech. We believe that if they will not willingly change the name, the government should step in to stop the movie's production or to force a name change.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Well, we have that thread to discuss it, but since it was brought up here I would say that my STRONG suspicion is still that it's fake (or the person is clearly insane).

I doubt FOX needed anyone to tell them that a film so closely related in content to these real events could stand to wait for awhile.

If it's a good film it will still be a good film in a few months or even a year.

There's a good reason to postpone the film.

It's called TACT.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
from http://www.msnbc.com/news/822192.asp
The Washington-area sniper is causing havoc in Hollywood, too. Fox Television is pulling ads for the Kiefer Sutherland thriller series “24” — which showed a sharpshooter’s crosshairs — after a number of people complained to the network.
“I was pretty shocked when a target appeared in a pop up ad on my computer screen,” a source told the Scoop. “Given the situation with the D.C. sniper, it’s really inappropriate.” Twentieth Century Fox recently postponed the opening of “Phone Booth,” a film about a sniper, also starring Kiefer Sutherland, as well as Colin Farrell.
“We’re pulling the ads,” a Fox spokeswoman told the Scoop. She explained that they were designed and shipped weeks ago. “Once we were made aware of the situation, we immediately decided to do the responsible thing.”
if that didn't convince you that phone booth needed to be postponed, i don't know what will.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks