What's new

Phineas and Ferb (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Mom, Phineas and Ferb have their own thread on the HTF! Anyone watch this? I found it while watching more erudite fare such as the '90s Spider-Man and Fantastic Four and instantly loved it. There are several LOL funny moments in each episode. Everything Doofenshmirtz says is pure good. "Ahh, Perry the Playpus! We meet again for the last time!" Just looking for a show of hands. Anyone else watching some good, clean family fun?

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Used to ignore this show entirely. Then my older brother (I'm 48) told me how clever it is. I've been totally hooked for over a year now. Too many classic moments to go into here. Aren't you a little old to be watching Phineas and Ferb? Yes. Yes, I am. :P

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Yeah, I'm too old, too, but it's too fun to miss. All the cleverness of an "adult" cartoon without the gross or crass stuff those usually have. It's kind of Spongebobby, but I prefer P&F to that.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
My kids watch little else than Pokemon, Bakugan, and Beyblade and I hate all of it. Nothing but 30 min commercials for toys. I do put P&F on when I get a chance and am often entertained by it. The new Scooby Doo cartoons frequently filter in some sly adult humor for the parents as well.

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
I enjoyed P&F although having watched many of the episodes dozens of times (they were recorded and archived for the kids) I have a little bit of P&F fatigue. The 2D adventure was the last new one I've seen.

But the best new cartoon on TV right now is The Amazing World of Gumball on Cartoon Network. You can tell how much I like it since I have them in my Avatar. Gumball is the new Ren & Stimpy.

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Across the 2nd Dimension was pretty funny. ROTF over Buford and Baljeet's existentialist trading cards. :laugh: Also the one Normbot: "Get me--I'm a Georgia O'Keefe painting."

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
P&F is one of the few current kids' shows that I can stand. Most of the stuff on Disney (and Nick) is *too* kiddie and most of the stuff on Cartoon Network seems aimed more at teens and college students than at kids (or adults :) ). My son digs stuff like Adventure Time and Gumball if I let him watch them, but I'm not sure they're really appropriate for the under-8 crowd. That said, I really enjoy P&F and Spongebob. They manage to entertain both kids and adults, which is no small feat. The new Looney Tunes is OK too, but not in their league. (*Old* Looney Tunes, on the other hand. . .)

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman

My son digs stuff like Adventure Time and Gumball if I let him watch them, but I'm not sure they're really appropriate for the under-8 crowd.

We had to throttle back on the Gumball because the girls wouldn't stop quoting lines from it, and some of the things they said, while funny, were a tad inappropriate. Gumball is now a rarely used carrot.

Adventure Time is too weird for the girls to enjoy. They like stuff like My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic, which is a slightly edgier take on MLP but still mostly unwatchable for adults.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
"It's not a party, it's an intimate gathering." "Candace Party! Candace Party!" "Don't call it that, it's just an intimate gathering!" "Candace Party! Candace Party!" Watched a marathon, each ep more brilliant than the last. It was cool seeing the pilot revisited twice.
Inspired by the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode "Trials and Tribble-ations" (which saw the crew of the newer series interacting with the events of the original series episode "The Trouble with Tribbles"), the use of "Rollercoaster" within the plot was viewed by Marsh as "a great way to interweave a story."
How many other cartoons can say "inspired by [a] Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode?"

ScottH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Hanson
Originally Posted by Aaron Silverman

The new Looney Tunes is OK too, but not in their league. (*Old* Looney Tunes, on the other hand. . .)

My daughter has been watching this and I have to admit to being entertained by it (even though Bugs sounds NOTHING like Bugs). Daffy and his completely over the top narcissistic ways are amusing.

Sorry for the off topic post, but I've never seen Phineas & Ferb. Might have to "push" my daughter into watching it so I have an excuse to watch it.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
It's worth a look. Other than some old ones in storage, I don't own any toys, but I'm going to need an Agent P for my desk.
41iQWWUxShL._SX300_.jpg
But probably not one that big.

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Here's a hilarious clip that goes a long way to explaining the nuttiness. A little setup: Dr. Doofenshmirtz had used a special helmet that allowed him to control Perry the Platypus's every movement, but he was foiled in his plan. In a moment of altruism, Perry decides to help the doc not embarrass his daughter in front of her friends:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Good thread bump, because new episodes start a week from now. It's funny how you become interested in something or hear something you didn't know about, and it is referenced constantly after that. A writer named Jeff Lemire has a new book coming out called The Underwater Welder. I guess I knew people welded stuff underwater, but I didn't know it was a profession in and of itself. And then, the next night, on Phineas & Ferb, Dr. Doof is listing the things he hates, and one of them is underwater welders! This week, P&F got a mention on The Middle. Sue was trying to start a cheerleading squad, but two of the four girls dropped out when they found out tryouts conflicted with Phineas & Ferb. :D (Yes, Sue asked why they couldn't just record it) I'm sure I heard of the show, but it was nowhere near my radar until I stumbled onto it. My mom always told me, you heard the references all the time and just never paid attention until you were interested in the subject referenced. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks