What's new

Philips 34PW9818, 34PW8520 Problems (1 Viewer)

Luke*Ho

Grip
Has anyone heard of problems with these sets and the AV4 inputs not working? Someone mentioned earlier that there were problems with black screens on AV4 inputs and had a fix given them from the Philips tech dept. I lost the email. Sure enuff, my AV4 input no worky.

PhilD

Auditioning
You probably got it working by now (3 months later), but I will share my experience in case it benefits any others. Just received the 34PW8520. I had to use a different AV on the TV (AV2 I think) to even see the DVD picture. Then I made the switch in the back of my Philips DVD player and changed the Progressive setting to on in the on-screen DVD player's menu. Then I could unplug my component video cables from AV2 and go to AV4 and it worked.

Meaux

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meaux
I've had a 34PW8520 for about a week, and the problems I have are:

The audio out dosen't work like it should, seems to be stuck in "fixed" mode, it's feeding my McIntosh Mac-3, so I have to used the Mac-3 remote.

The AV1 inputs dosen't work for the compt. inputs. so I using AV4.

I'm having the set replaced today w/a new one in the box.
The clowns I bought it from, tried to stick me w/ a floor model, and a very well used owners manual.

PhilD

Auditioning
I don't know about the audio out problem. I have no audio going in or out of my TV right now (all through my a/v receiver).

See our posts above about component video in. You must use AV4.

Meaux

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Meaux
Well, I noticed that there are no remote control codes in the manual for "McIntosh". They have every other trailer park brand, but no Mac.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks