1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

PHE Press Release: Star Trek Enterprise - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Ronald Epstein, Jan 7, 2013.

Tags:
  1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    [​IMG]

EMBARK ON THE MAIDEN VOYAGE OF THE ENTERPRISE NX-01 IN
    SPARKLING HIGH DEFINITION

THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON BLU-RAY™

Six-Disc Set Boasts New Special Features Including
    Multi-Part Documentary With New Cast And Crew Interviews And
    An Intimate Conversation With The Creators

Available March 26, 2013

HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (January 7, 2013) Experience the historic voyage of the starship
    Enterprise NX-01 like never before when STAR TREK®: ENTERPRISE—THE COMPLETE
    FIRST SEASON makes its Blu-ray debut on March 26 from CBS Home Entertainment and
    Paramount Home Media Distribution.

The STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE—THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON Blu-ray boasts
    brand new bonus features including a multi-part, retrospective documentary called
    “To Boldly Go: Launching Enterprise” that gives fans an inside look at the development and
    production of the series and is exclusive to this collection. The documentary features interviews
    with the show’s cast and crew, some of which were shot as recently as December 2012, as well
    as archival footage and behind-the-scenes clips. The documentary includes:
    Part One: Countdown - Chronicles the challenges faced by the producers and creative
    staff as they attempt to launch a new chapter in the Star Trek® saga by making the then-radical
    decision to create a prequel to the beloved original series. Features all new interviews with key

file://localhost/Users/njronbo/Library/Caches/TemporaryItems/msoclip/0/clip_image002.gifpersonnel including creators Rick Berman and Brannon Braga, production designer Herman
    Zimmerman, technical consultants Michael and Denise Okuda, writers Andre Bormanis,
    Phyllis Strong and more.
    Part Two: Boarding the NX-01 - Follows the team as they begin the casting process
    and production on the series 2-hour pilot “Broken Bow.” Features all-new interviews with key
    cast and crew including series pilot director James L. Conway and series leads Scott Bakula
    ("Jonathan Archer"), Connor Trinneer ("Trip Tucker"), and Dominic Keating ("Malcolm Reed").
    Part Three: First Flight - Charts the course for the rest of the series' first season
    including all-new interviews with key production and post-production personnel.
    The six-disc set also includes a candid conversation with the series’ creators, Rick
    Berman and Brannon Braga, offering a glimpse into their creative process. In addition, the
    Blu-ray features brand new commentaries on select episodes from the season, along with a
    host of previously released special features such as deleted scenes and outtakes.

STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE recounts the
    adventures of the pioneers of space travel who
    ventured into the universe 100 years before James T.
    Kirk helmed the starship of the same name. Set in
    the 22nd century, ENTERPRISE takes place in an
    era when interstellar travel is still in its infancy.
    Captain Jonathan Archer (Scott Bakula) has
    assembled a crew of brave explorers to chart the
    galaxy on a revolutionary spacecraft: Enterprise NX-
    01. As the first human beings to venture into deep
    space, these men and women will experience the
    wonder and mystery of the final frontier as they seek
    out new life and new civilizations

The STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON Blu-ray includes
    all 25 episodes from the inaugural season and will be available in 1080p with English 5.1 DTS-
    HD Master Audio, German and Italian 5.1 (Dolby Digital), and French, Castilian and Japanese
    Stereo Surround (Dolby Digital). The discs also include English SDH, French, German,
    Castilian, Italian, Japanese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, Norwegian and Swedish subtitles. The
    Blu-ray is not rated in the U.S. and rated PG in Canada, and it will be available for the
    suggested retail price of $130.00 U.S. and $150.00 Canada. The disc breakdown is as follows:

Disc One:
    Episodes
    · Broken Bow
    · Fight or Flight
    · Strange New World
    Special Features
    · Audio Commentary with co-creator/executive producer Brannon Braga, director James
    L. Conway, visual effects producer Dan Curry and cast members Connor Trinneer
    (Trip Tucker) and Dominic Keating (Malcolm Reed) on “Broken Bow”—NEW!
    · Audio Commentary with Brannon Braga and Rick Berman on “Broken Bow”
    · Text Commentary by Michael and Denise Okuda on “Broken Bow”
    · Deleted Scenes from “Broken Bow” (SD)
    · Deleted Scenes from “Fight or Flight” (SD)
    · In Conversation: Rick Berman and Brannon Braga—NEW! (HD)
    · Archival Mission Log: Creating Enterprise (SD)
    · Archival Mission Log: O Captain! My Captain! A Profile of Scott Bakula (SD)
    · Archival Mission Log: NX-01 File 02 (SD)
    · Cast Introduction—NEW (SD)
    · Network Presentation—NEW (SD)
    · Syndication Presentation—NEW (SD)

Disc Two:
    Episodes
    · Unexpected
    · Terra Nova
    · The Andorian Incident
    · Breaking the Ice
    · Civilization
    Special Features
    · Deleted Scene from “Unexpected” (SD)
    · Text Commentary by Michael and Denise Okuda on “The Andorian Incident”
    · Archival Mission Log: Cast Impressions: Season 1 (SD)
    · Archival Mission Log: Enterprise Secrets (SD)

Disc Three:
    Episodes
    · Fortunate Son
    · Cold Front
    · Silent Enemy
    · Dear Doctor
    · Sleeping Dogs
    Special Features
    · Audio commentary with writer/story editor André Bormanis and visual effects producer
    Dan Curry on “Silent Enemy”—NEW!
    · Deleted Scene from “Sleeping Dogs” (SD)
    · Archival Mission Log: Star Trek Time Travel: Temporal Cold Wars and Beyond (SD)
    · Archival Mission Log: Admiral Forrest Takes Center Stage (SD)

Disc Four:
    Episodes
    · Shadows of P’Jem
    · Shuttlepod One
    · Fusion
    · Rogue Planet
    · Acquisition
    Special Features
    · Audio Commentary with writers/executive story editors Mike Sussman and Phyllis
    Strong on “Shadows of P’Jem”—NEW!

Audio Commentary with co-creator/executive producer Brannon Braga, director David
    Livingston and cast members Connor Trinneer (Trip Tucker) and Dominic Keating
    (Malcolm Reed) on “Shuttlepod One”—NEW!
    · Deleted Scene from “Shuttlepod One” (SD)
    · Archival Mission Log: Inside Shuttlepod One (SD)
    · Archival Mission Log: NX-01 File 01 (SD)
    · Archival Mission Log: NX-01 File 03 (SD)

Disc Five:
    Episodes
    · Oasis
    · Detained
    · Vox Sola
    · Fallen Hero
    · Desert Crossing
    Special Features
    · Deleted Scenes from “Oasis” (SD)
    · Deleted Scenes from “Fallen Hero” (SD)
    · Text Commentary by Michael and Denise Okuda on “Vox Sola”
    · Archival Mission Log: Enterprise Outtakes (SD)
    · On The Set —NEW (SD)

Disc Six:
    Episodes
    · Two Days and Two Nights
    · Shockwave, Part 1
    Special Features
    · Deleted Scene from “Two Days and Two Nights” (SD)
    · Deleted Scenes from “Shockwave, Part 1” (SD)
    · Documentary: “To Boldly Go: Launching Enterprise”—NEW! (HD)
    o Part 1: Countdown
    o Part 2: Boarding the NX-01
    o Part 3: First Flight
    · Archival Mission Log: Celebrating Star Trek® (SD)

CBS Home Entertainment manages the worldwide DVD and Blu-ray businesses for the CBS
    Corporation across all lines of content including current hits and classic series from the vast CBS library,
    as well as new releases from Showtime Video. CBS Home Entertainment products are released on the
    CBS DVD and CBS Blu-ray labels.

Paramount Home Media Distribution (PHMD) is part of Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a
    global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. PPC is a unit of Viacom (NASDAQ: VIAB, VIA), a
    leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands.
    The PHMD division oversees PPC’s home entertainment, digital and television distribution activities
    worldwide. The division is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of home entertainment
    content on behalf of Paramount Pictures, Paramount Animation, Paramount Vantage, Paramount
    Classics, Insurge Pictures, MTV, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, CBS and PBS and for providing home
    entertainment fulfillment services for DreamWorks Animation Home Entertainment. PHMD additionally
    manages global licensing of studio content and distribution across worldwide digital and television
    distribution platforms including online, mobile and portable devices and emerging technologies.

STAR TREK: ENTERPRISE - THE COMPLETE FIRST SEASON
    Street Date: March 26, 2013
    Suggest retail price: $130.00 US / $150.00 CAN
    Catalog #: 136594
    Runtime: 19 hours, 9 minutes
    U.S. Rating: Not Rated
    CAN Rating: PG

2. Jason_V

Jason_V Well-Known Member

Jason
    The only thing I'm seeing missing here are episode trailers. That's a bummer, considering all of TOS and TNG (so far) have had them on the BD's.

3. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    I always meant to watch this when it was on. Looks like I will have a chance after all!

4. Craig Beam

Craig Beam Well-Known Member

Craig Beam
    I love Enterprise, and watch it frequently on Netflix.... not sure why it gets so much hate from Trek fans. I might consider investing in this if the price is right.

5. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Well-Known Member
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    I loved Season One very much. I thought the show got mishandled and misguided a bit as it ran, but that first season for me was stellar.

6. ScottHM

ScottHM Well-Known Member

Scott
    Interesting. I'm not sure why it's not obvious.
    But to each his own.
    ---------------

7. Jason_V

Jason
    To answer the question, at least for me: Enterprise S1 and S2 were, largely, a continuation of the way things were done on Voyager. One episode doesn't really impact the next in any way, they're all taking place quasi-independent of each other. (Yes, there are exceptions.)
    It was also the writing: there were no surprises for me. Take "Unexpected." That is a sitcom plot grafted onto a Star Trek framework. It may have been new and controversial in the 60s with TOS, but not in 2001. What would have made the episode more relevant to the time would have been if the alien was a male and the story continued from there...or something along those lines. Enterprise was usually was too safe. And there are times it could be deadly dull (just like Voyager).
    Two other shows debuted the same year Enterprise did and ran for many, many more years: 24 and Smallville. What made them succeed when Enterprise didn't? 24 dared to do things differently, to shake up the world. Smallville, for all its faults, had a continuing storyline in a number of its seasons and was true to its comic book roots.
    Enterprise finally got to that point in S3 and I found that to be a success, mostly. S4 was also lovely, but it was more of a tribute to the franchise as a whole than anything wholly Enterprise.

8. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    Now available for preorder

9. Jason_V

Jason
    Thanks Ron. Just pre-ordered. It'll be a nice birthday week present for me.

10. Ethan Riley

Ethan Riley Well-Known Member

Awfully pricey...

11. Jason_V

Jason
    And that price is destined to come down at least $10, if not more, before release date. They all have.

12. Jeff Ulmer

Jeff Ulmer Well-Known Member

Yes, it likely will, but it will need to get down a lot more than that before I'll bite. TNG is one thing, with all the restoration costs I'll cut the pricing some slack.

13. Jason_V

Jason
    Very true. I don't think Amazon or BB is going to make the same distinction, though. It will come down, and far, for anyone who is willing to wait.

14. DaveHof

DaveHof Well-Known Member

'Enterprise' does get a bad rap. I think one issue was that viewers had a steady dose of new Star Trek in their lives for - what- 15 years prior to its debut? There was probably some burnout by that point. Plus, many of the most outspoken Trek fans are far more demanding and nit-picky than your average television viewer. But the series assembled a fairly solid cast and every season had its share of memorable episodes. And, as has been well documented, it's final season was consistently excellent (except for the atrocious final episode), and it seemed as if cast and crew had hit their stride just before the axe fell. If it had earned seven seasons like the previous Trek series, I believe it's reputation would be much, much better now.

15. Richard V

Richard V Well-Known Member

Richard
    I dunno what it was that I didn't like about it. I gave it a shot, but I thought the production values looked cheap, Scott Bakula was not very charismatic IMO, and I didn't like the music. The sum of it's parts just didn't click for me. I thought that Janeway and Chakotay were more compelling characters than Archer and T'Pol. JMO.

16. ScottHM

ScottHM Well-Known Member

Scott
    I'll admit that I watched it regularly but didn't like it very much (old habits die hard.) Besides their deliberate attempt to distance it from previous Star Trek incarnations, which I didn't care for, I found that a week after viewing each episode I could barely remember anything about it.
    ---------------

17. Sam Favate

Sam Favate Well-Known Member

Sam Favate
    I was disappointed in the show when it first aired (except for the 4th season, which I thought was excellent from start to finish, minus the finale), but I rewatched the show on DVD a few years back and really enjoyed it; so glad I gave it another chance. I'm in for all four seasons on blu-ray.

18. Jason_V

Jason
    I think that's a symptom of two things: (1) going right from Voyager into Enterprise with largely the same creative staff and (2) 700-something hours of TV Trek when Enterprise wrapped. There wasn't a lot to make any particular episode memorable, especially in years 1 and 2. They'd use the same jungle set, the same cave set, the same guest actors...over and over and over again.
    Even when they tried to connect the episodes to something else in the Trek universe, they failed for me. The Ferengi episode Acquisition and the Borg episode Regeneration were prime examples of skirting ever-so-close to trampling on continuity. No one had any guts to make Enterprise completely different, which is a shame. The last 14 seasons of Trek (VOY and ENT) were just not-so-veiled variations on the TOS and TNG theme.

19. Ron1973

Ron1973 Beverly Hillbilles nut extraordinaire

Ron Reagan (not that one!)
    I just never could get into any of the post-TNG shows. I watched TNG on a semi-regular basis and I love TOS and watch it daily on Netflix. Everything else just seemed like a takeoff of TNG to me.

20. Jason_V

Jason
    I can understand that. To be fair, they ARE all spinoffs of TNG in some way (except for ENT).