What's new

PHE Press Release: Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol (Blu-ray) (1 Viewer)

Southpaw

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason
Southpaw said:
Loved the movie and will definitely buy it but why do they have to offer two different blu-ray packages, one with one disc only with limited bonus material and the other with 2 disc and all bonus material on 2nd disc? I hate it when they do that.
Naturally Amazon only has the 1 disc blu-ray/dvd package available right now for a decent price and no listing for the 2 disc blu-ray/dvd.
Lame.
TravisR said:
^ I wouldn't really worry about the price until the Sunday before it comes out. This is going to be a fairly big release so the various stores will be competing to have the lowest price and Amazon will likely match who ever has the lowest when the weekly store ads are released.
So I had to cancel my Amazon order after reading the reviews that have come out. The one disc blu-ray that Amazon (and likely others) is selling only has a couple of the bonus features. Best Buy will be selling an exclusive with all the bonus material contained on a separate disc. In the press release, this is listed as the limited edition 3 disc one that I questioned would ever be sold by Amazon. I got the answer to my question with the professional reviews stating their Best Buy edition was the only way to view all the supplements.
Not happy about it, but I guess I'm making a trip over to BB early Tuesday morning.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
I'll have a copy to give away with my coverage of the press event today, I'll check to see which edition it is when I get home tomorrow.

Jeff Newcomb

Second Unit
I can't figure out why Amazon has the MSRP of the two-disc listed as $44.99 when the press release above clearly states it should be $29.99. The Best Buy exclusive version indeed seems to be the three-disc edition from the press release. Cancelled my Amazon order.

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
Neil Middlemiss said:
I'll have a copy to give away with my coverage of the press event today, I'll check to see which edition it is when I get home tomorrow.
It's the Best Buy version.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks