1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

PHE Press Release: Friday The 13th Deluxe Editions (Blu-ray)

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Ronald Epstein, Jan 8, 2009.

1. Ronald Epstein

Ronald Epstein Administrator
    Owner

Ronald Epstein
    FRIDAY THE 13TH UNCUT Blu-ray
    FRIDAY THE 13TH UNCUT – DELUXE EDITION DVD
    FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 2 – DELUXE EDITION DVD
    FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 3 3-D – DELUXE EDITION DVD

Unleashed February 3, 2009 Showcasing Remastered Picture and Sound and New Bonus Features

HOLLYWOD, CALIF. – A trio of terrifying horror classics featuring one of the most indelible villains in film history is coming to DVD as they’ve never been seen before. On February 3, 2009 Paramount Home Entertainment unleashes Friday the 13th Uncut - Deluxe Edition, Friday the 13th 2 - Deluxe Edition and, for the first time ever in 3-D on DVD, Friday the 13th Part 3 3-D - Deluxe Edition. The DVDs feature a pristine digitally remastered picture and crystal clear 5.1 Surround Sound, plus all new bonus materials with collectible limited edition lenticular packaging. Also, for the first time, terror and suspense abound when a violent killer stalks Camp Crystal Lake in unmatchable picture and sound as Friday The 13th Uncut brings the franchise’s potent mix of suspense and shocking violence to Blu-ray.

Friday the 13th Uncut - Deluxe Edition features the uncensored version of the film that defined the 1980s slasher film phenomenon. Never before released on DVD in the U.S., Friday the 13th Uncut - Deluxe Edition features ten hair-raising seconds of blood and gore that was deemed too gruesome for audiences during the film’s original theatrical showing.

A terrifying tale about a machete-wielding killer who carves a grisly swath through a group of teenaged summer camp counselors, Friday the 13th Uncut - Deluxe Edition stars Kevin Bacon, Laurie Bartram, Harry Crosby, Adrienne King, Robbi Morgan, Mark Nelson and Betsy Palmer. Both DVD and Blu-ray editions include exclusive behind-the-scenes bonus features, a cast and filmmaker reunion and more chilling fun.

The carnage continues in Friday the 13th Part 2 - Deluxe Edition, as Jason emerges from the shadowy woods surrounding Camp Crystal Lake to satisfy his bloodlust with a new crop of campers. Starring John Furey, Adrienne King and Amy Steel, Friday the 13th Part 2 - Deluxe Edition also includes brand new bonus features that add to the horror.

In Friday the 13th Part 3 3-D - Deluxe Edition, Jason wreaks murderous havoc on a motorcycle gang that dares to get between him and his nubile prey. The disc marks the first time this blood-splattered romp in the woods has been seen in all its gory three-dimensional splendor on DVD. The disc comes with 2 pairs of 3-D glasses to ensure an optimal viewing experience, plus a 2-D version of the film. Friday the 13th Part 3 3-D - Deluxe Edition stars Dana Kimmell, Paul Kratka, Nick Savage and Richard Brooker.

DVD and BLU-RAY INFORMATION

The FRIDAY THE 13TH UNCUT Blu-ray will be presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 televisions with Dolby Digital English 5.1 True HD Surround; English, French and Spanish Mono; and English, English SDH, French and Spanish subtitles. Bonus material includes the original theatrical trailer, plus these new features:

• Commentary by Director Sean S. Cunningham with Cast and Crew
    • A Friday the 13th Reunion
    • Fresh Cuts: New Tales from Friday the 13th
    • The Man Behind the Legacy: Sean S. Cunningham
    • Lost Tales from Camp Blood - Part 1
    • The Friday the 13th Chronicles
    • Secrets Galore Behind the Gore

The FRIDAY THE 13TH UNCUT - DELUXE EDITION DVD will be presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 televisions with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround; English, French and Spanish Mono; and English, French and Spanish subtitles. Bonus material includes the original theatrical trailer, plus these all new features:

• Commentary by Director Sean S. Cunningham with Cast and Crew
    • A Friday the 13th Reunion
    • Fresh Cuts: New Tales from Friday the 13th
    • The Man Behind the Legacy: Sean S. Cunningham
    • Lost Tales from Camp Blood - Part 1

The FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 2 – DELUXE EDITION DVD will be presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 televisions with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround; English, French and Spanish Mono; and English, French and Spanish subtitles. Bonus material includes the original theatrical trailer, plus the following all new features:

• Inside “Crystal Lake Memories”
    • Friday's Legacy: Horror Conventions
    • Lost Tales from Camp Blood - Part 2
    • Jason Forever

The FRIDAY THE 13TH PART 3 – 3D – DELUXE EDITION DVD will be presented in widescreen enhanced for 16:9 televisions with Dolby Digital English 5.1 Surround; English, French and Spanish Mono; and English, French, Portuguese and Spanish subtitles. Bonus material includes:

• 2-D and 3-D versions of the film
    • 2 pairs of 3-D glasses
    • Original Theatrical Trailer

Friday the 13th Uncut - Blu-ray
    Street date: February 3, 2009
    S.R.P. $29.99 ($38.99 in Canada)
    Runtime: 95 minutes
    U. U.S. Rating: NR
    Canadian Rating: 18A- Violence

Friday the 13th Uncut - Deluxe Edition DVD
    S.R.P. $16.99 U.S./ $17.99 Canada
    U. U.S. Rating: NR
    Canadian Rating: 18A- Violence

Friday the 13th Part 2 - Deluxe Edition DVD
    Runtime: 86 minutes
    U. U.S. Rating: R
    Canadian Rating: R

Friday the 13th Part 3 3-D - Deluxe Edition DVD
    U. U.S. Rating: R
    Canadian Rating: R

About Paramount Home Entertainment
    Paramount Home Entertainment (PHE) is part of Paramount Pictures Corporation (PPC), a global producer and distributor of filmed entertainment. PPC is a unit of Viacom (NYSE: VIA, VIA.B), a leading content company with prominent and respected film, television and digital entertainment brands. PHE is responsible for the sales, marketing and distribution of home entertainment products on behalf of various parties including: Paramount Pictures, Paramount Vantage, Paramount Classics, Paramount Famous Productions, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, CBS and PBS and for providing home entertainment fulfillment services for DreamWorks Animation Home Entertainment.

2. TravisR

TravisR Well-Known Member

The thread title got my hopes up that they decided to release Parts 2 and 3 on Blu-ray at the last second.

It sucks that it doesn't look like they're porting the commentary for Part III over to this DVD release.

3. Chuck West

Chuck West Well-Known Member

Parts 2 and 3 are being released on Blu-Ray in the UK on February 9th. I believe Paramount hasn't region locked any of their previous Blu-Ray releases. There hasn't been any confirmation if part 3 is in 3D though.

4. Joseph J.D

Joseph J.D Well-Known Member

It sucks that only the first one is being released on Blu-ray......I'd get all three if they did. [​IMG]

5. Michael Elliott

Michael Elliott Well-Known Member

Michael Elliott
  6. Brandon Conway

Brandon Conway captveg

Brandon Conway
    It could be that Part 2 and 3 will arrive on BD in the US when Warner's BD of the remake is released. If they're coming to the UK there's no reason for them to not eventually make it out in the US.

7. MattFini

MattFini Well-Known Member

It's a bummer that Paramount is holding on on the sequels.

Parts 4 - 6 are on the horizon for SD ... I assumed those will be out when the remake hits DVD/Blu-ray. So when are they going to get around to doing the sequels on Blu-ray?

C'mon Paramount! Make it happen.

8. WillG

WillG Well-Known Member

Yeah, I don't get it either, but at least it looks like these releases will be pretty cheap (except for the BD of the original which is almost double the SRP that the SD DVD version) and it will be nice to finally see it in 3D even thought we'll have to settle for Red/Blue

9. Brian Kidd

Brian Kidd Well-Known Member

I do have to say that the 3D version of JOURNEY TO THE CENTER OF THE EARTH was the absolute best anaglyphic transfer I've ever seen. No ghosting whatsoever and perfect 3D effects. So, it is possible to make a decent anaglyphic disc. I have yet to see any other 3D DVDs that match it, though. POLAR EXPRESS is a mess. The two Robert Rodriguez flicks are okay, but not perfect. Everything else I've seen has been watchable, but just barely. Hopefully I can retire my red/blue VHD conversion that I have of FRIDAY III. It works better than a lot of conversions, but it still is far-from-perfect. It's a shame that field-sequential 3D won't work on digital televisions. The newer 3D method that works with some high-end projectors is nice (from what I've heard) but it's hardly affordable for the average person (me).

Sorry. 3D nerd rant. I've just been thrilled with the recent 3D renaissance. [​IMG]

10. Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H All Things Film Junkie
    Supporter

Stephen J. Hill
    As have I. I can't wait for some of the 3D features coming this year, like Up and the Toy Story conversion.

11. Joe Karlosi

Joe Karlosi Well-Known Member

Yeah, the thread title had me fooled too.

I'm going to buy the Blu-ray of F13... and I'll also pick up Part 3 because I want the film in 3-D. But if they think I'm going to cave in and get all the other chapters on SD again, they've got another thing coming.

12. Mr. Pacino

Mr. Pacino Well-Known Member

Is the Blu-ray of "Friday the 13th" codefree???
    Some websites said it´s a Region A disc, some others said it´s codefree...

Who knows the answer????