What's new

Phantom of the Opera (2005) problems (1 Viewer)

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I think it's just bad lip-sync, doesn't seem to be a disc problem.

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez

I agree. Unlike the documented DTS lipsync prob on Moulin Rouge (used to be a big thread on this one), what I see in Phantom is not consistently out of sync. Sometimes it's on, sometimes it's off. I don't believe it's a disc problem.

Cheers,

KyleC

Supporting Actor
Ok I was just freaking out during the movie. I was hoping it wasn't my player or setup. :D

Malcolm Cleugh

Second Unit
I guess the film was redubbed later with the leads singing in a studio ? could this explain it.

There are major sound problems with the UK R2 release from EiV. Botched pitch correction and sound dropouts.
That's why I went for the R3 LE which looks and sounds superb. Full bit rate DTS !

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
I noticed this too the other night. First time I watched the dvd. Mostly it was off during the singing if I'm not mistaken. Otherwise the image and sound was excellent.

Jordan_E

Senior HTF Member
On the second disc they do say that the songs were recorded after principal shooting. And I also have the R3 DTS edition....ah, 96/24!:D

Colton

Supporting Actor
There should be a POTO Drinking Game for every time she says "Angel of Music". UGH!

- Colton

Mike Huey

Grip
I have the DTS 96/24 as well, although I just have a regular DTS decoder. Did anyone else experience crackling in the center channel at various high volume points like I did? It almost sounded as if it was mixed a little too hot. The DD track didn't have this same problem. Any help?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks