What's new

Phantom Menace is OUT (part 2) (1 Viewer)

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Eric,
Some people just might die if they can't get it early knowing it's out already. It's Star Wars we're talking about here.....
biggrin.gif

SusanP

Grip
I just found a copy at my local Mart in Bloomington, MN off of 494. I stood around the DVD shelf and a clerk asked if I needed help and I said I was looking for TPM. The clerk said she didn't think it was out yet and I asked her to check in back. About five minutes later she came out with a whole box of them. "I didn't even know these were back there..."
I got my copy and checked out. I got it for 17.99 because I told her that is what best buy has it for.

Kyle

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Kyle
Neither of the stores in Sioux Falls, SD have them. I might be heading up to the Vikes game this weekend anyway so thanks Susan!!!!
------------------
Kyle
49 dvds so far

Jake Gove

Second Unit
Chad, don't waste your time. I was just there (in Bloomington) and the two clerks working there said they didn't have it and if they did they couldn't sell it until the 16th. Dammit!!!!!
------------------
Jake
http://www.jawsmovie.com My JAWS Fansite
Link Removed My Arcade PC
Link Removed My Home Theater Pics

SusanP

Grip
"Chad, don't waste your time. I was just there (in Bloomington) and the two clerks working there said they didn't have it and if they did they couldn't sell it until the 16th. Dammit!!!!!"
I think going at night is key to this issue because it worked for me, my brother and his friend on separate occassions.
They do have it and that's a fact. I think going during the day means dealing with the "Lifers" and managers, you have go directly to the night clerk. The girl who helped me was named Andrea an Afro-american gal who didn't have a clue.
I have also heard of a certain hated chain video store on Lake (could be 31st) and 1st in S. Minneapolis where one person has had success using a $20 bill.

Tom Ryan

Screenwriter
To all those who DON'T think TPM will be the biggest DVD ever.......since when have legions of people been combing the stores for another DVD over a week before it was even supposed to come out?
-Tom

Perry Jonkheer

Second Unit
To all those who DON'T think TPM will be the biggest DVD ever.......since when have legions of people been combing the stores for another DVD over a week before it was even supposed to come out?
I agree.
------------------
PJ
[Edited last by Perry Jonkheer on October 10, 2001 at 03:29 PM]

Chad, Jake (and Susan)
I too made a quick run over to check out Susan's claim. Since I only work a few miles from there it was no biggie.
No luck. They don't have them on the shelf. I asked the gal at the counter and she stated they don't have it yet, and (get this) it won't be out till the 23rd. Needless to say, I just walked away.
-Brian

Matt Perkins

Stunt Coordinator
since when have legions of people ...
Such short memories! No one recalls the fervor over Star Trek: First Contact, among Paramount's very first batch of titles, appearing in stores nationwide a full week early??
Man, those were the days ... holding that sweet, sweet little bastard in my hands and just giggling. Christmas has nothing on that week.

Kwang Suh

Supporting Actor
Hey, I thought I was the only person to call it my sweet, sweet bastard. :) Mind you, I call it my sweet, sweet big bastard :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks