1. Guest,
    If you need help getting to know Xenforo, please see our guide here. If you have feedback or questions, please post those here.
    Dismiss Notice

Peter Pan (Disney) SE is coming in 2002!!

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Daniel Schenk, Sep 21, 2001.

1. Daniel Schenk

Daniel Schenk Well-Known Member

DVDFile just announced that Disney will release a Special Edition of Peter Pan on February 12. No specs have been announced yet but certainly can`t wait for this release.

2. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Well-Known Member

Just seen that myself. That's excellent news!
    Dan (UK)

3. Jeff Swindoll

Jeff Swindoll Well-Known Member

Makes me happy that I never picked up the bare bones release [​IMG]. I hope they port over the LD SE and add more to it. I guess we have Return to Neverland : Peter Pan 2 to thank for this release [​IMG]. I'm undecided on PP2, but the trailer I saw online makes it look good. Cheers.
    [​IMG]
    ------------------
    I didnt play Dungeons and Dragons all those years and not learn something about courage.
    --Bernie Faulkner

4. Jose Q

Jose Q Well-Known Member

This is my wife's favorite Disney classic. I will be getting this for sure.
    Excellent news.

5. Dick

Dick Well-Known Member

Rick
    I was just over to DVD File and saw nothing about this whatever.

6. Edwin Pereyra

Edwin Pereyra Well-Known Member

7. Scott Rogers

Scott Rogers Well-Known Member

HOORAY!
    I've been waiting a long time for this one! (of course, gotta go return that unopened "regular" edition now...)
    However, I hate! the cover! Why can't they use the original 1953 poster for the cover? (check it out by clicking on "peter pan" image found at here: http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI...tem=1465599823
    I can't wait to see what the features are! I'm sure some of it will be the really cool footage of Hans Conreid and (the guy who played Smee) and Tiger Lily in the rowboat at Skull Rock. I can't believe they completely inacted the scenes (in full costume none the less!) back then for the animators to work from!
    [Edited last by Scott Rogers on September 21, 2001 at 01:58 PM]
    [Edited last by Scott Rogers on September 21, 2001 at 02:06 PM]

8. Jonathan Burk

Jonathan Burk Well-Known Member

Jonathan Burk
    [​IMG]

9. Scott Rogers

Scott Rogers Well-Known Member

Yep Jonathan!
    That's the one!!

10. Patrick Larkin

Patrick Larkin Well-Known Member

So what's the deal with Disney DVD's now? I thought it was now either a Gold title or a Platinum title. Now there's Special Editions? Geez. I wish Disney would just get its act together.

11. Matthew_Millheiser

Matthew_Millheiser Well-Known Member

quote: So what's the deal with Disney DVD's now? I thought it was now either a Gold title or a Platinum title. Now there's Special Editions? Geez. I wish Disney would just get its act together.[/quote]
    Um... revisiting a bare-bones title and releasing it as a Special Edition, perhaps with copious supplemental material, means Disney doesn't "got its act together"? Okay.... [​IMG]
    - Matthew "Will take great DVDs over an arbitrary labelling system anyday" Millheiser
    ------------------
    If you have to get your DVDs on the street date, buy them in person at Best Buy or Costco. If you have to get your DVDs at the lowest bargain price available, order them online. Pick one and shut the fuck up.
    - DVD Freaks at The Lard Biscuit
    [Edited last by Matthew_Millheiser on September 21, 2001 at 03:12 PM]

12. Joshua Clinard

Joshua Clinard Well-Known Member

Joshua Clinard
    That horrible poster? Why would anyone want that in a collection The graphics on that poster is horrible. I much prefer many of Disney's New Glossy High Resolution Images to all those old posters. Some of them do look stupid, but most of them are just fine. The Peter Pan one is stupid though!

13. Lee Bombard

Lee Bombard Well-Known Member

Jeez Joshua!
    Tell us what you really think! [​IMG]
    Regards,
    Lee

14. Wes Ray

Wes Ray Well-Known Member

Yes! The scarriest movie I have ever seen is finally getting the treatment it deserves on DVD! Yes, I am talking about Disney's Peter Pan. See...
    When I was really little, the first movie I ever saw in theaters was the early 80's re-release of Peter Pan. Well, I don't know if it was because of Captain Hook or the ticking crocodile (which is what my mom thinks it was) but I got so scared during this movie, that I screamed and cried until my parents had to take me out of the theater. True story. Me, the biggest horror film nut around, reduced to tears by an animated Disney classic. I can't wait to own it on DVD. [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Horror AND non-horror fans unite!
    [​IMG]

15. Jose Q

Jose Q Well-Known Member

I agree that the cover art for the SE could be much better. The poster image is not the solution either in my opinion. When comparing, the Limited Issue cover was far better. This new cover looks like it was rushed or that its better suited for the direct to video sequel.

16. Brian W.

Brian W. Well-Known Member

Brian
    Personally, I like the new cover. It's different -- EVERY video release of Peter Pan has shown Peter flying with the kids. I think it's refreshing.
    I can't wait for this one, either. It was my favorite Disney movie as a kid. I remember once I sat through it three times straight through, on its 1974 release. (For some of our younger members, that was back in the days when you could stay and see a movie a second time for free -- as long as you didn't leave the theater, you could stay and watch it as many times as you wanted. Those were the days. Sigh.)
    [Edited last by Brian W. on September 21, 2001 at 09:02 PM]

17. Patrick Larkin

Patrick Larkin Well-Known Member

18. Jonathan Burk

Jonathan Burk Well-Known Member

Jonathan Burk
    From the Onion:

19. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden Well-Known Member
    Reviewer

Kenneth McAlinden
    I could not care less about the cover art, but I hope they do a new transfer and get the colors right. The transfer used for the most recent DVD and THX laserdisc was messed up. The previous laserdisc transfer was better in terms of color, but was noticeably softer with more source artifacts. Hopefully, they will hit both targets (detail and colors/densities) with the new DVD.
    Regards,
    ------------------
    Ken McAlinden
    Livonia, MI USA

20. Patrick Lyons

Patrick Lyons Member

Patrick Lyons
    Does anyone know what footage was added to the special edition? The package states "Previously unseen footage"?

I looked through the DVD packaging and watched the making of documentary, but no talk about new restored footage.

Thanks,

Patrick