What's new

Blu-ray Review Peter Pan: Diamond Edition Blu-ray Review (1 Viewer)

bujaki

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jose Ortiz-Marrero
Michael's onesie is no longer pink because pink is no longer a PC color for boys to wear. This is said absolutely tongue in cheek.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
bujaki said:
Michael's onesie is no longer pink because pink is no longer a PC color for boys to wear. This is said absolutely tongue in cheek.
Imagine the uproar if they had changed the color from pink to blue in the actual movie!

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
Mark-P said:
Imagine the uproar if they had changed the color from pink to blue in the actual movie!
It's blue on the front color and pink on the back. Sigh. Merriweather and Flora are at it again!

Ethan Riley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ethan Riley
I'm not sure if it's even news, but the blu has trailers for The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh and the Muppet Movie coming on blu this Spring...

Johnny Angell

Played With Dinosaurs Member
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Johnny Angell
Jason_V said:
For what it's worth, I agree with the decision not to animate the faces and to keep them exactly as is.  It's a little oddity which is fun to point out and notice...and it's historically accurate.
I had to watch PP tonight and was looking for this and missed it the first time. Than I selected the scene via the song menu and saw it. Wendy's empty face was the most noticeable. For the blu-ray on my 55" led its no big deal. I have to wonder how noticeable it was on the big screen. Of course, the child I was back then, didn't see it. This is still a wonderful movie. I had forgotten what a little bi...er...brat Tinker Bell was. :)

ahollis

Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Allen
Interesting Disney keeps WHAT MAKES THE RED MAN RED in Peter Pan, but is scared to release Song of The South.

John Weller

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John
ahollis said:
Interesting Disney keeps WHAT MAKES THE RED MAN RED in Peter Pan, but is scared to release Song of The South.
I think the Song Of The South was down to a specific legal threat in the 80s?

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Originally Posted by Johnny Angell
I had to watch PP tonight and was looking for this and missed it the first time. Than I selected the scene via the song menu and saw it. Wendy's empty face was the most noticeable. For the blu-ray on my 55" led its no big deal.
I have to wonder how noticeable it was on the big screen. Of course, the child I was back then, didn't see it.
I'm going to try to see how noticeable it is on a 42 inch TV tonight. Of course, I know exactly where it is and will be watching, but chances are I'm going to glance right past it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks